Balloon Boy's Dad Promises 'Big Announcement'

10/17/2009 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Richard Heene -- the guy who's kid was not inside of an out of control balloon -- popped outside his house early this morning and promised a "big announcement" later today.

Heene stepped out his home at around 5:30 AM, according to USA Today, and told reporters, "I'm going to have a press conference out here at, let's say, 10 a.m. Okay? ... So it's a few more hours. So, I'd like to speak everybody about a few things. Okay? So, it's a big announcement."

As we first reported, the Heene family had been shopping a reality show all over town for months, even going to TLC, the home of "Jon & Kate Plus 8" -- and many question whether the whole balloon fiasco was a set-up. Should be interesting ...

Story developing ...

WTF!! Rewards some more freaks!!!

Keirie420

I have a feeling that Balloon Boy's dad is a bigger media whore than Jon Gosselin - guess we shall see...Stay tuned!

jr70895

maybe the big announcement will be that this story will go away and move on to some other freak show

Simone - number 1

Second!!!!!!!!!!!!s

NorCal

I wish I could look away... but I can't. GO BALLOON BOY, GO!

robbie

I am SORRY BUT SCREW THESE PARENTS!!!!! AND TLC SHOULD NOT HIRE THEM!!!!

You're Killing Me Larry

His discovery of a perpetual motion machine?
Zero Point Energy?
He and his family have discovered the elusive Planet X (Nibiru) through a homemade backyard 6" reflecting telescope?
Confirmation of the Mayan 2012 prophecy?

Or maybe Richard Heene will admit publicly that his SAT scores were even LOWER than those of Sarah Palin!

pam

Surprise????????Put the parents in jail.

carrie

Who cares.

doc murry

this i think is an excample of michael jackson kids home life while he was still alive..i bet they did wacky stuff like these werido kids,,what a bunch of weridos ,,i bet they all smoke dope

They were in it for the money

Oh Man...I hope he doesn't do something irrational and off his family right before 10 am. This guy isn't all there! He has no big announcement to make. Get Real! Stop giving this guy more time on the tube. He is irrational to say the least. Come on! He has been so humiliated in the news and rightly so, but I'd be careful!

rando

Who cares, he acts like an idiot in the interviews.

aquanet

This guy is a screwball that likes attention. He shown he has no problem putting his own kids in the line of fire to get it. Hows about we not give him anymore.

ANY channel that give this guy a show I say we boycott it and its advertisers. Let just nip this crap in the bud right now.

Anony Moose

One can only hope that they admit it was all a scam that they forced their kids to go along with.

I'm guessing if it's even remotely along those lines he'll say something like "Our kooky kids cooked up the idea all by themselves! (hint: someone give us a reality tv show)"

shirliana

THE FATHER IS ** JUST PLAIN CRAZY**. THEY SHOWED HIM WHEN HE WAS ON ** WIFE SWAP** AND THREW SOMETHING AT THE OTHER MARRIED WOMAN - HE IS INSANE...

HE SHOULD NOT BE ENTITLED TO A TLC CONTRACT... HE IS CRAZY AND THAT IS THE REASON THE KIDS ARE LIKE THAT.

CHILD SERVICES SHOULD REALLY GET INTO THIS...

I FEEL SORRY FOR THE KIDS... THEY ALL LOOK THAT THEY ARE SO CONFUSED,,,