Melanie Griffith

Rehab Does a Body Good

11/4/2009 2:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Mrs. Antonio Banderas has busted out of rehab -- and reemerged yesterday lookin' for some pricey eats at Mr. Chow.

1104_griffith_tmz_video-1
The 51-year-old actress, who has battled drug problems in the past, checked into Cirque Lodge back in August "to reinforce her commitment to stay healthy."

Yesterday, it at least looked like it worked.

trish

Melanie needs to just get over gettig old. That is her damn problem. We all are going through it or are about oo. Antonio is SMOKING HOT as always and sticking by her through thick and thin..what love..I love Antonio and want the BEST for him. OPen your eyes Melanie and think maybe all this crap you are doing is actually hurting him. he is LOYAL and a good man...you can't find many of those out there...Be thankful for what you have there...I sure the hell would be... ;)

mmafighter4life

rehab might do the body good but her face is still fu@kedup. damn that woman is ugly as all hell. someone kill it

mk

I thought she was Courtney Love

janalal4

"reinforce her committment to stay healthy". Then why not just go to a 'health spa'. Why not just say, "I relapsed & needed help to get back onto the road to recovery". I hate it when celebrities try to 'gloss-over' the fact that they relapsed. All this does is reinforce the 'shame' that addicts feel when this happens by suggesting that it is something to 'hide'. Relapse, unfortunately happens as part of the disease of addiction. It can happen whether you have 20 days of sobriety or 20 years. It can sneak up & bite you on the a@@ when you become over-confident or complacent in 'working your program'. It happened to my husband after 18 years of sobriety. It requires life-long 'management' just like any other long-term, chronic medical condition.

Her husband, Antonio Banderas spoke openly & frankly about Melanie's condition & the action they had taken to get her back on track. She apparently had been taking pain meds for a skiing accident(?) & realized she had become dependent & her addiction had kicked back in. She came to this realization on her own. I was very pleased to see him 'breaking the silence' about her relapse because in doing so, I thought they were helping to eliminate the 'stigma' that addiction carries with it.

So, why all the 'secrecy' now folks?

Many congratulations to Melanie for realizing her need for help & best wishes in her continuing recovery! I hope she speaks out about her fight so that others might feel it's okay for them to ask for help if they need it but have been afraid to. Addiction can truly happen to anyone, no matter your age, sex, creed, or economic status. It doesn't discriminate!

Wc from Sc

REHAB, HELL I DIDN'T KNOW SHE WAS A DRUGGIE.

Brother Harold, S.J.

TOO BAD SHE DIDN'T INHERIT SOME OF HER MOTHER'S (TIPPY HEDRIN)BEAUTY. HER FACE IS REALLY QUITE OFF-PUTTING, AND WHEN SHE SMILES SHE'S SO UGLY HER FACE COULD PULL PAINT OFF THE CEILING.

Lady Z

OMG...she looks 75. Sohia Loren look younger. This woman is a mess and Bandares is a moron to stay married to her. How many "relapses" is she going to have in her life time? What does this drug addict bring to the table in their marriage? If she were an average woman, not rich and famous, she would have been fired from her job and homeless by now. In my opinion, drug addicts and alcoholics are lost causes and anybody who wastes their time on these people is stupid. If she were serious about gettig sober, she would stay sober. Drugs and getting high are more important to her than her husband, her kids and her self respect. I would say this is sad but it it not. There people do this to themselves.

Juliette

I DON'T THINK WE'RE BUYING THE WHOLE "GOING INTO REHAB TO STAY HEALTHY" BIT. YOU DON'T GO INTO REHAB TO STAY HEALTHY. YOU GO THERE TO GET OF THE DRUGS AND IT APEARS THAT IS HASN'T BEEN WORKING FOR THE WORKING GIRL. I ALSO FIND THAT SHE WAS IN FOR OVER 2 MONTHS?????? YOU DON'T DO A 2 MONTH STINT UNLESS YOUR HOOKED ON SOMETHING....AGAIN.

Smooshy

Gee #6 -Ever heard of in sickness and in health? I admire him for sticking by her. A lot of men would have walked away. Good for him for taking his marriage vows seriously. More people should do it.

Jan

I am not understanding the hate for this woman. I think she is beautiful and very sweet. Being on drugs is not healty so by going to a rehab to get off of drugs she is working on getting healty. I'm glad that Antonio is standing by her and that she decided on her own that she had a problem.
I'm sending my love to both of them and hope that things go better from now on.

shirliana

AT LEAST I COMPLIMENT HER FOR GOING INTO REHAB. AT LEAST SHE DOES NOT DENY THAT SHE HAS A PROBLEM AND THAT IS A GREAT POSITIVE ATTITUDE.
KUDOS TO MELANIE

Jim

It's too bad that Melanie had that bad work done to her face. She was so pretty before that. I will say this though... She still has one banging body! I don't think Antonio is bitching, so why should anyone else? Some of us still love you Melanie :)

Ren

NEVER LET A MAN TURN YOU OUT,MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR MIND. NO MAN IN THE WORLD IS THAT GREAT

Whatever

@ Brother Harold, S.J.
You made me spit my coffee out on the screen with your comment about how ugly she is, that is too funny

emme

I agree with Jan, Comment #9, why the hate. She was America's Sweetheart after Working Girl, then when she started getting plastic surgery no one had anything good to say. She does seem sweet and is married to a younger man, which I'm sure is like a oney on her back. She also hasn't had much success in her career for some time, but I don't really understand why??

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments