Settlement in DJ AM Plane Crash

11/16/2009 6:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dj amThe family of the co-pilot who died in the South Carolina plane crash that DJ AM and Travis Barker survived just struck a settlement.

James Bland
's widow and 17-year-old daughter will get nearly $500,000 from the companies that operated and owned the aircraft -- Global Exec. Aviation, Inter Travel & Services Inc., and Pem Group, Inc.

According to docs obtained by TMZ, Bland's widow will get $406,250 and the daughter will receive $25,000 per year for three years.

remembering dj am

Stan Switek

Pilot Jim Bland was one of the best pilots & individuals I have ever
met. I knew Jim for 30 years. Jim was a dedicated father, husband &
served our country as a pilot for the US Customs Service for over 20
years. Jim's wife is an outstanding wife & mother in every respect.
If there was any possible way to salvage this situation, Jim & Sarah
would have done so. Sadly, no amount of money will bring them back or
relive their loved ones of their grief over their loss.

tony l

you saved my life.tks brother.

RIP TONY

Scott

Good for them but Am's family does not deserve a dime!!!!

Paulie Wants a Cracker

rest in peace dj am and guess what I LOVE BEN!!!!

BARB

hmmm... that's actually a pretty small settlement for a death. :(

Never was a fan of Maya

Doubtful they'll have that money for long as DJ AM's estate will take it from them, and more.

RRDL84

sweet

Republician voting for Obama

Who cares. Another millionaire kills himself because he is depressed and the family has to blame others! Sad that he killed himself, further sad that loved ones want to profit from stupidity and lack of moral and sound judgement. A shame all around.

Buster

Damn, isn't he dead yet?

SpiderZ

ewwwwwwwwwww

you mean this man survived a plane crash-just to overdose on drugs??? i mean-the rich and famous are stupid ass people who need to live again in the real world.

Ziggy

From what I understand, the co-pilot's wife and daughter are getting an insurance settlement. What the hell does this have to do with DJ AM?

Anyway, DJ AM is dead. He was a crackhead.

teebabe

I'm happy for the family of the co-pilot, but I bet they would rather have their husband/dad there with them. Hopefully, they will able to collect and keep the money without DJ's lawsuit being a facter. Time will tell.

Carolyn A-B

These were lowball offers.
I'm surprised this settlement was accepted.
The companies got off too easily. Bad move.

Mommaofboys

I cannot believe that this is the settlement! Jim cannot be replaced by money! He comes from an incredible family whom I love and adore, it is just sad. It just puts into realization how quickly life can be ripped away from you. RIP Jim!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments