TMZ Live: Dr. Murray, Deene vs. Ham, Levi

11/23/2009 7:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Harvey and Mike took your questions today on everything -- including the Texas Medical Board's investigation into Dr. Conrad Murray ... who just started back at work today ... and how Harvey would defend him in court.

TMZ Live: Click to watch

Plus: Paula Deene gets hit by a ham, John Mayer faces off with Justin Bieber on Twitter, the Jacksons at the AMAs and surprise over Levi Johnston's fame.

Also -- Harvey loves "Dexter."

Anne

Harvey, instead of just spouting off your opinion about the AMA's why don't you find out how they work. Nominations are based on record sales - MJ sold lots of records in 2009. Winners are selected by fan voting - MJ has lots of fans. MJ won fair and square according to the rules.

Megan T.

I live in Houston and have an idea why Dr. Murray is loved by his
patients. It's been reported by the local news that he works with
older, low-income patients who, without Dr. Murray's clinic, might
not be able to see a doctor as easily (if at all) as people with more
money and health insurance. If he is willing to see to their medical
needs, thus saving many lives, and without breaking the patient's
bank, I can understand why there are so many who think he is a good
person. I still think he did the wrong thing, and would never risk
my life to be a patient of his, but obviously everyone has a
difference of opinion, especially to those whose lives were saved,
and not taken, by Dr. Murray.

3gardenias

oops. I am so disappointed with your statements re Evan Chandler. He may have wanted the boy's money but HE is the one who got the insurance company pay off not the stepfather.. I've read it is assumed he killed himself due to illness. I've really enjoyed your show....but your incorrect statements here make me think I should not bother to listen. Loved your enactment of both sides of the courtroom drama....and your recollection of the Kennedy assassination. (It kind of looks like your disgust for addiction is getting in your way with Michael Jackson....just sayin')

slowride

Harvey - why can't I get any of your videos to play? Every time I try it says, "Playlist data not loaded. RemoteErrorEvent text=Error #2048. Please respond asap as I would really like to be able to catch up on the TMZ lives.

Thanks.

Lori

kitty

is harvey really being mean about michael jackson? that makes me sad. michael's story helped this site go into overdrive. it was a really good site before but i never saw so many people leaving comments like they have since then. i havent listened to the live show much since they went to the part 1, 2, 3 etc format. i hope he is not being like that. i really like harvey and mike and i dont like hearing people put michael down especially when he is no longer here to defend himself.

a fan

harvey, you are so full of crap its not even funny.

i too was alive when kennedy was killed and yes the michael jackson death is alot larger. it almost crashed the internet because everyone was wanting to know what went on. michael jackson was and still is loved by millions of people and they are still mourning his death. yes, we all know he asked for the drugs to go to sleep, but yes the doctor is still at fault to for giving to much to him to cause his death. we know you dont like him for whatever reason you may have, but please have some respect for him.
because if you don't that means you are just as bad as the diane diamond's and such that hasn't given him any respect at all.
everyone has came to tmz because usually you have been a true source for information. but with the mj stories, your ugliness is sure showing. sure the man was not a saint, who is in this world, but he had alot of great qualities that you don't even report on. what is with that? if you want people to come back to your site, you have to report the good with the bad. the man did alot of great things for the entertainment and humanatarian world and all you can comment on is his bad side (which alot of it is not true) or lies the other tabloids are saying. please have a heart for his kids.
the ama awards shows you just how much the man is still loved. and yes it is by popularity voting as we are told. so have a heart even if it kills you to do it.

A.B.

Well, I was 18 when Kennedy was shot. I don't even live in the U.S, but I can assure you that was a real big thing that stunned the world. I remember my mother's voice on the phone when she told me. The assassination of John Kennedy was a trauma that lingered for years.

No, the death of Michael Jackson wasn't in the same league as far as impact on world politics goes (and we do have more TV channels now). But to me, it went deeper than the Kennedy assassination, deeper emotionally. I liked John Kennedy, I hated that he was murdered, and it was depressing that good people who could have meant a lot to the world could be eliminated like that - but I didn't cry for him. I did for MJ. So I can see why people make the comparison.

ASTRO KOOKY

Beans, beans, the musical fruit.
The more you eat, the more you TOOT.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////// T O O T !!! /////////////////////////////////////////////////// T O O T !!! ///////////////////////////////////////////////////

T O O T !!! T O O T !!!

Eve

HARVEY, WHY IS MURRAY STILL ALLOWED TO TREAT PATIENTS WHEN HE MURDERED MJ?????

HARVEY, GIVE US SOME BREAKING NEWS AND LET US KNOW WHEN MURRAY IS GOING TO BE ARRESTED FOR THE MURDER OF MJ. ALSO, GIVE MJ A BREAK!!!!

THE WORLD IS WATCHING LAPD'S HANDLING OF THIS CASE.

RodeoFresh

@ 66. harvey, its not even funny.

Yes, very very cheap theater((

Rob

Harvey....I would suggest that you spend more time picking who you share a camera with. I know that you aren't but 5'4" in real life but on these videos you look like a midget.....eliminate amazing and incredible from your vocabulary and you couldn't speak. Been in Hollywood too long.

john

weird request but can we see the narrator for the show?? or at least who he is, hes so funny!

Slut

Harvey and Mike (and Mike I'm really surprised at you), you should both be ashamed of yourselves for the false information you reported about the 1993 Chandler allegations against Michael Jackson. Didn't you even BOTHER, after all this time, to do any real research on the issue? Harvey said that he doesn't believe that the first boy lied, which means that Harvey is saying Jackson was a child molester. Before you both continue to ruin this man's reputation, please do your due diligence. Here are some suggestions. Pay particular attention to the first article, since it describes TMZ's response exactly:

1. Chandler Suicide Highlights Media Bias Against Jackson, by Charles Thomson

2. "Was Michael Jackson Framed?" 1994 GQ article by Mary Fisher

3. "Redemption" by Geraldine Hughes about 1993 case

I began checking TMZ after Jackson's death because it provided timely and seemingly accurate information on Jackson. However, because of Harvey's most recent comments, inaccuracies, and offensive postings on Jackson (the recent baby dangling shot comes to mind), I am saying goodbye to TMZ. I have located another source for timely and accurate info on Jackson. Harvey, I guess you've been feeling kind of smug with all the hits you've been getting since Jackson's death and the advertising dollars that is bringing in to you, but as more and more people get disgusted with your offensive and inaccurate cheap shots and reporting, more of us will abandon you, you'll be getting a lot fewer hits, and a lot fewer advertising dollars. Hopefully that will teach you a lesson and humble you. Your distortions and inaccuracies in reporting will bring you to your knees.

Also, perhaps you think that "enough time" has passed now and that now it's okay again for you and everyone else so inclined, such as Willie Geist on MSNBC.com, to mock Jackson once again. You are so wrong, and so insensitive, and you are going to lose more viewers like me.

GOODBYE TMZ, and good riddance!

a fan

sorry didn't mean to post twice. they blocked me. they also edited what i said. interesting

Alex

Harvey,

Dexter is one of the most boring shows on TV right now. It's horrible. If you want to watch good TV stop by a local video store or hit up netflix and get The Wire or Deadwood. Those are the only two shows worth watching.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments