Shaq Does God's Work

11/26/2009 2:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Shaquille O'Neal gets the 2009 Thanksgiving award for quietly paying for the funeral of a little girl he never met.

Shaquille O'Neal

Five-year-old Shaniya Davis was raped and murdered earlier this month. The alleged killer is behind bars, as is Shaniya's mother, who is charged with human trafficking and child abuse involving prostitution.

Shaq was so touched by the story he's footing the funeral bill -- estimated at $4,500.

The Cleveland Cavalier star told the Cleveland Plain Dealer, "Being a law enforcement guy that investigates crime against children, I wanted to be able to help in some way."

More than 2,000 people attended Shaniya's funeral last Sunday in Fayetteville, North Carolina.

Canadian bred

First...I will always be a fan of Shaq...unlike other athletes Shaq your a class act..where's that punk Jordon??

HEY I NO HIM

FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad some people still have a heart nowadays. My prayers go out to the rest of the family

Mag

I just burst out in tears. What a wonderful person Shaq is. I too was very touched by this little angel's death. May she rest in peace.

that.is.all

What a wonderful thing for Shaq to do.

AWESOME

BEAUTIFUL

Michelle

IF we had more people in the world willing to help the world would be a better place.. May the people who did this to this little girl burn in hell..Good for Shaq..I find it a little odd that they would print this story but refusse to print any of the wonderful things Mj did..help many peole durning his life time and in death is helping even more...well that just goes to show u.. how Bias Harvey TMZ is...

April Foster

God Bless Shaq !! What a nice thing to do for a family who's heart is forever broken.

Jeremy Bosco

That's a very heartfelt and classy thing to do. If only more celebrities would do things like this out of the goodness of their hearts, and not just because it'll get them TV time or money. Actually, more people in general need to do things like this, as long as it's in their power to do it.

Marla

Now I'm a fan of Shaqs forever as I am a fan of Michael Jackson for all the good humanitarian work he did during his lifetime...and continues to do nowadays!

Dion

Nice thing for Shaq to do, but according to John 6:28-29 the work of God is to believe on Him who He sent!

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

GREAT thing to do Shaq......RIP little Angel

and to think.....the mother is pregnant AGAIN!

mo

what a beautiful gesture, you nevere met this lil girl and you did such a wonderful thing for her. may she rest in peace.

Cali MJ Fan

Just another reason I'm a huge Shaq fan.

Lynnette

That's classy and very sweet. So wonderful to see a good story on Thanksgiving.

N

WHAT A WONDERFUL THING TO DO...THANK YOU

Lizzie

Shaq's ges$ture was kind! Thank you, Shaq! Wish more "stars" would step up & offer Saniya's Daddy more monetary ge$ture$!! May Saniya's Daddy, brother, sister & Aunt Carrie be able to move through their mourning process & evenutally be able to remember Sweet Little Saniya in happy & joyous times!!!! Psalm 30:5

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments