'Family Ties' Mom:

Yep, I'm Gay

12/2/2009 4:59 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Meredith Baxter -- Michael J. Fox's mama "Elyse Keaton" on "Family Ties" -- just came out as a "later in life" lesbian.

Meredith Baxter
Baxter, who's been married to men three times and has five children, revealed on "Today" she has been in a relationship with a woman for the past four years -- and the couple lives an out life together in L.A.

The revelation comes right as National Enquirer released a story saying Baxter went on a cruise with 1,200 other lesbians.

shauna

shes a nice lady. i used to see her at starbucks in the palisades daily.

doc murry

so i guess she had sex with tiger too..who cares about this old has been hag..NEXT!!!!!!

TT

I guess she got fed up with all the J>O>"s out there. Best wishes to her.

janalal4

Mrs. Keaton is gay?? WTF? Can't any of my childhood delusions remain intact at all??

quita

Who cares???

tabitha666

So, if she was young & hot it would be okay for her to come out? Everybody that doesn't die eventually gets old, why does that make them not important? She seems happy & in love, that's a beautiful thing at any age.

beth

What a relief to hear she's a lesbian. The way NBC led up to it I was afraid she was going to say she had cancer or something life threatening. She's a great actress and seems like a nice person. It's her life to live as she wishes. I wish her nothing but happiness.

Theresa

She always reminded me of a LPGA member anyway.

BGL

More power to you! It's better to live truthfully and be happy.

Mr R

Who gives a rats @$$?

shuffler

She played a great mum on TV on a classic show.
It must be difficult for the men she married (?) and I guess her kids but good for her for her. It must be a relief to tell the world and I wish her peace.

judgingotherssux

Hillary look alike must need some press.Either your getting porked by a relative or your gay..This is sleazy publicity stunt ..Floss those rabbit fangs honey..You have pubic hair in your teeth...it took 4 years... now you come out ..Sick Bitch..

Dawn

She seemed uncomfortable during the interview though. I felt sorry for her in that aspect, but then again she chose to go on tv and make this announcement. I agree that NBC led the viewers on to believe that something major was going to announced like cancer or drug using or something crazy so when she came out it was like oh just another day.

JustInTime

Well, good for her. I'm about ready to give up on men too.

dee

You go girl I always knew it.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments