« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods Statement

'I Let My Family Down'

12/2/2009 12:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TW Statement
Tiger Woods
has just released the following statement on his website:

"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behavior my family deserves. I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behavior and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realize the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives. The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realize there are some who don't share my view on that. But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

okerry

Translation: I'M SO SORRY I GOT CAUGHT

And he talks about "privacy"?? He had no right to keep his screwing around "private" from his WIFE. That's because she was exposed to whatever filth he picked up from the ho-bags every time he went back to his wife. Did he ever ask Elin if she wanted to be part of a filthy little threesome and be exposed to syphillis, gonorrhea, herpes, chlamydia, AIDS and god knows what else? Oh, no - Tiger decided that was PRIVATE.

We all thought he was such a great guy. Now he's just another lying cheating ass. Hope it was worth it.

MJ's PYT

#223 DENVER...NO money makes a ugly man look good to skeezers.
Tiger is not ugly, pardon. Elin is pregnant? Bless
her abusive heart.
FOR THE RECORD BOARD ELIN BROKE THE LAW.NOT TIGER.
I understand her frustration. and that she may have been
emotional. But she needs to keep her hands to herself,
thats why its in the PUBLIC now. NOt Tiger's cheating.
Had she not attacked him we would still not know of his
affairs. Umkay.

Robin

A sports star who cheats... this is so typical it's not even news. I feel bad for the humiliation he's put Elin through, she's a beautiful lady and deserves better. People can be so selfish.

dcrc

*********211. Sorry, but when Tiger whored out his image with all those endorsement deals, he gave up his right to privacy in this matter. When you sell your image based on your reputation, you can't yell PRIVACY when an issue that might besmirch said image rears its ugly head.**************
I agree, some people have no problem living in a glass house if the money is right. He made his bed and now he will have to lie in it.

London not England

#233-TigerSucks
WELL....

I guess I've been told..
Hmmph...

Shawn

Wow, caught red-handed! What a fool...

www.1cast.com/l/227625

London not England

LEAVE TIGER ALOOOOOOOONE......!!!!!

LEAVE HIM ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!

EJ

Someone tell me where are all his friends "players" that can help him, like MJ, Magic, Charles....he needs them to show him how to deal with this...if not hell contact me.

Jen

Sorry Tiger, but the minute you accepted the millions and millions of dollars in endorsement money you became a role model and much of your privacy went out the window. The fact is, had you not slept around like a man whore, you would not be in the tabloids and your life would be private as it has been. The problem is Tiger's ego became inflated and you began to believe he was "untouchable". I am tired of these celebrities and sports stars acting like the are above morals. You got married, honor your vows! You became a role model to millions of young kids act like one! You are a father of two beautiful children, act like one! I have lost all respect for this idiot, especially after this absurd statement that he wants to honor his privacy, how about honoring your wedding vows??? PIG!

Dwayne

Poor Tiger, everyone's judging him acting like they've never done anything wrong.

MJ RIP

Steve

Jen comment #253 is right on target. When you endorse a product and take million to do so you have to pay a price. The price is always the same. You're putting yourself out in the public eye. Keep the train on the tracks and you'll be loved and adored. Screw up and Harvey and company will be there to cover every detail.

It always strikes as pathetic when people that don't even know the athlete rush to his defense as if he was someone worth idolizing. Sorry but lying, cheating and cover ups aren't worth millions. This Bozo is going to pay dearly in the corporate world for this.

Alice

What a dissappointment. Why get married? He could have just been a womanizer and people would have still respected him for his golf game and the way he portrays himself. Instead....He is a cheater! I hope his wife did give him the beat down. TEAM ELIN!!!!!!!!

Catherine

TMZ you are a disgrace hunting this story of a man's downfall! That aside as I have looked at your career wrecking site I will pass comment- Tiger Woods is an A--Hole like so many of these other Athletes who think they are God's gift. Tell me would these 'Broads' have given him a look-see if he was an ordinary Joe? I think not, as he certainly is not a looker. His wife should dump him, clean up on the financial front, get her kids and a decent man who respects and values his wife/lover/mother of his children. Are there any good man like that left?

Mia

Tiger is doing what every other power player (businessmen, executives, athletes, actors etc) does...CHEAT. WHy? Because they can. Who cares. He plays a good golf game and I don't know his wife or family. it's his business.
PS I am a woman whose husband cheated 20 yrs ago. Do you care?