Billy Joel's Daughter

Hospitalized in NY

12/5/2009 6:07 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Billy Joel's 23-year-old daughter, Alexa Ray Joel, is in stable condition right now after being transported to a New York hospital just a few hours ago.

According to sources close to the situation, authorities arrived to Alexa's Manhattan apartment around 12:24 PM after receiving a 911 call warning that Alexa was having trouble breathing.

Alexa is Joel's daughter from his marriage to supermodel Christie Brinkley.

Story developing...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

mel

1st!!

Balls has no Balls

We love Billy,hope she is O.K.!

ANoorth

How is this celebrity justice?

Miranda

Of all of teh celebrity children out there I have always felt and gotten the strong impression that Alexa is a real sweetheart and a non-spoiled sweet girl. A daughter to acyually be PROUD of, unlike Paris Hilton or Lindsay Lohan for example.

I hope Alexa will be okay and wish Billy & Christie good luck as they must be worried sick. Such a charming, authentic girl Alexa appears to be. God Bless her and let her recover and be well.

WillOTheWisp

God bless you Alexa! I hope you're okay, and I hope drugs was not a factor!

God bless your family with peace.

michaelacarterallen

...how long before her pill abuse becomes public...official countdown clock...

Winnie

I hope Alexa feels better soon. Poor thing. :(

That's A Man Baby

Mariah

She has grown into her looks. She looks so much like her dad which isn't always complimentary but her attributes have softened over time. She looks really pretty in this picture; and she seems to stay out of trouble which is cool. Perhaps there is hope for Sandler's kid, and the Willis girls!

WillOTheWisp

9. SHE HAS SUCH A SWEET FACE SHE REMINDS ME OF A 19TH CENTURY BRITISH PAINTING IN THIS PHOTO. I'M SURE THE PIANO MAN IS FRANTIC WITH WORRY ALEXA IS HIS ONLY CHILD.

Posted at 4:25PM on Dec 5th 2009 by NICKEL

YES! Great description of Alexa. I always thought the same (the painting), her having those wonderful huge eyes.

HasBeens

God I really hope this child is okay...Mr. Joel would be devastated if anything were to happen to his only child. God please let her be okay...and right before the holidays. I am putting all my efforts into praying for this child and her parents.

Pierce Aero

The New York Post, and the Huffington Post are both calling this a suicide attempt by an overdose of pills. I hope this is not true. I hope that she is ok.

Terri

Praying that Alexa will be OK.

Lori

That is so sad, I hope suicide attemp is not the case---I pray she will be ok. it is so sad to think of a young girl with her life ahead of her, in such a desparate place to end her life. Prayers are with her and her family.

That's A Man Baby

Christie Brinkley's third husband claimed that Christie was crazy and he stated that was why Billy left her. Christie has been accused of using her daughter to get back at Billy and that Alexa preferred to live with her dad when she was growing up because her mother was nutso.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments