« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Slick Tiger

Apologizes to Chevron

12/7/2009 9:13 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods found time in his self-imposed exile to reach out to the people who mean the most to him -- his sponsors.

Tiger dropped another note on to his website yesterday saying, "As the final round of the Chevron World Challenge begins, I would like to extend my heartfelt thank you to everyone affiliated with the event, especially our amazing title sponsor, Chevron."

Tiger also thanked "all of our supporting sponsors" as well as the staff who worked on the event -- and then apologized to everyone saying, "I am so grateful to them for their efforts, and I am sincerely sorry I was unable to fulfill my duties as host and player in this important event."

Last week, Tiger used his website to offer his "profound apology" for his "transgressions" in the wake of that infamous car crash.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

I BE DARNELL

LOOK, YOU NEED TO WORK WITH ME, ON THIS SCHMOOZE,I AM DOING MY BEST, TO COVER MY , MARKERS, MY WIFE , HAS GOT ME BY THE ........SO , DO WHAT YOU HAVE ALWAYS DONE, CONSUME, WHAT I FLOG, AND JUST STAY OUT OF MY WAY, IT`S YOUR CONSUMPTION, THAT I NEED RIGHT NOW, SOONER OR LATER,THESE MOPES ARE GOING TO DO THE MATH, AND REPLACE , MY SORRY ....... GET IT?

Saultxyca

Most blue-chip contracts contain a moral turpitude clause. It's untrue that Tiger did nothing wrong. Sponsors wanted the entire package, the real deal: the top golfer and best all-round sportsman. By sticking with Tiger, sponsors approve of, or turn a blind eye to, his off-links hypocritcal behavior (aka fraud) that has been going on for a very long time, by all accounts and records. Where was the due diligence?

chelsey

i dont care what he does in his personal life, that guy can golf. that should be the point. he isnt a priest, he isnt a marriage counsellor. he could bang drag queens for all i care. swing away tiger.

victory

Tiger is not intelligent at all.Coz if he waz he would maintain all self control in a tempting useless situation.A man is judged by his intelligence and when a man is lacking in concious decisions it is a sign of a deranged egostistical maniac out of touch of reality and the consequences of his actions.Whether a man steals,lies murder etc comes down to his level of thinking.Therefore this man is stupid and down right an idiot.Total lack of self control,egocentric and lives in a bubble of illusions and lies.His karma is his own undoing thereby hurting 3 people in the process his wife n 2 kids.

XYZ

The answer to this situation is as easy as a Psych 101 lesson...when you have someone of fame and wealth, and they go off the reservation in doing brash deeds that go against the norm, its dark roots can be found in narcisism and arrogance. Simply put, Mr. Eldrick Woods thinks he's better than others, he is a control freak, and has been use to having things his way for a long, long time. If he wants it, he should have it. If it doesn't go his way, he pouts, stomps, spews vulgarity, and stares daggers at anyone who doesn't please him. If he was a kid, we'd call him a spoiled brat. If he wasn't the No. 1 golfer, this wouldn't be tolerated at all. That he is the No. 1 golfer shouldn't be the measuring stick. Because this country is in the "American Idol" age, too many stupid people put more credence on "nice smile and tour earnings" above morals and decency. If you're one of the Eldrick fans who are still swooning over him, I'm going to hope that my "pin-sticking-in-the-doll" brings infidelity into your life, as you being the victim of the double-cross. In other words, if you're still pulling for Eldrick to come back and whip up on the PGA tour, I hope your "significant other" lands in bed with someone else and then I want you to feel free to be just as big of a cheerleader for than intruder into your relationship. I never was an Eldrick fan, as his arrogance was too much for me to handle, even when he was an amateur. Pay attention how he treats the fans and the press...especailly when he's not winning. He ignors the fans, and either dismisses the media, or if he speaks at all, it's with dismissive disdain. Eldrick thinks he walks on water, and he would step on anyone to get where he wants.

CantTouchThis

Not a Tiger, just a Cheetah! If his wife stays with him, she's an idiot!

qwanda moss

Look, let's stop this nonsense. Clinton didn't get this much coverage and nonsense and he was the president. Fans get over it, and get on with it. Elin, if you're leaving get moving, quit talking about it, you'll be wealthy without working. Tiger, enough with the apologies, get a divorce,go back to being single, and get moving on the golf course. You're talent is golf--get with it.
This nonsense has gone far enough just like health care, blah, blah blah, give us a break DO SOMETHING! Your both beginning to give us a pain in the elbow!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2