« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Gatorade -- The Tiger Woods Well Has Run Dry

12/8/2009 4:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Gatorade -- The Tiger Woods Gatorade is shutting down production of their special brand of Tiger Woods' brew this month -- but the drink giant tells TMZ it has "absolutely no connection" to Tiger's current predicament.

Gatorade says Tiger Woods Focus Gatorade will conveniently be discontinued as of December 26, saying "We made the decision several months ago ... our relationship with Tiger continues.''

Chalk it up to coincidence ... or not.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Butterfly

TO: CHECK YOUR FACTS. Thank you for your comment, #29. It is one of the most intelligent comments, so far. Refreshing!!!

deede

I don't like Gatorade, they seem to think we are stupid, telling us that it has nothing to do with the Tiger Woods situation...who are they kidding, this is insulting.
As for Tiger Woods, this is such a sad story, clearly the guy has a problem, and while I too would be angry if I were his wife, I can see how this could have happened. I really blame his parents, from the time this kid could walk his parents treated him like a trained poodle. This poor guy is confused and doesn't even know what to do with his spare time, because he never had much. His mother is still in the picture telling him what to do. He never stood a chance. I feel so badly for him, because he still is that good guy we believe him to be....just with some damage.

Rekobeko

Please, of course its because of the situation.

In Los Angeles, all the Tag Heuer billboards have been changed recently to an unknown, as far as I know, female model - blonde too...

If the corporations stick with Tiger, they're just waiting it out for the public to forget and controversy to die down.

cgnsat

Bofus?

jane

I have never wished KARMA to come riding in but this guy deserves to lose every endorsement he has. He was the BIG ROLE MODEL TO YOUNG BLACK KIDS. What a joke. He is a liar, schemer, pig, lousy husband and father. TIME he could have spent with the kids, he was looking for the next trick. I hope everyone goes to tigerwoods.com and looks at who he endorses and boycotts their products. I hope Elin takes the kids, the homes, the money, the cars, the golf clubs and LEAVES.

dlefemd

Now he knows what is like to be a black man - the media will hang his ass and serve him a good one. This is what you call a modern day lynching.. Sure he was wrong. but damn it is his business and you know he really never had a chance to sow his wild oats..he should have waited to get married.. most of his life was on a golf course.

Lisa

Initially I felt that this was a private matter between Tiger and Wife however upon learning that there was more than 1 woman I find myself feeling totally different about the Tiger persona. What a disappointment. Nike should drop him too....

Fred

I know for a fact that this decision was made back in July. They said they were going to make the announcement before the end of the year and it was completly coincidental that the announcement came when Tiger is going through all this.

Tortoise3

The Tiger Gatorade has been on the shelves at the 99cent Store for about 3 months. Gatorade had already shut down production in September. 99cent store is the true gauge: Jay Leno books, Palin books, etc.

JoeyPorsche

I'm upset about this.

I used to drink Gatorade Focus when I was having sex marathons with my mistress. It's the cheatah's drink of choice. How do you think Tigger got all his "drive" with the ladies.

Shel

STUPID! Leave him alone, what does his material affairs have to do with his business?! I still like Tiger.

xvnpx

I wish for once these companies will stand up for once and say, 'yes, we are no longer associating with him due to his lack of morals'! I would be more likely to support the products.

grace

TIGER IS ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF SELL OUT, CONFUSED, BRAIN-WASHED BLACK MEN WHO BUILD AN EMPIRE, AND AS SOON AS THEY BECOME RICH AND FAMOUS, ABANDON THEIR OWN RACE, RUN INTO THE ARMS OF GOLD-DIGGING WOMEN OF OTHER RACES, PUT THESE WOMEN ON A PEDESTAL, AND HAND OVER ALL OF THEIR MONEY, WEALTH, AND REAL ESTATE TO THE WOMEN AND THE WOMEN'S FAMILY, MAKING THE GOLD-DIGGERS RACE AND FAMILY STRONGER, WHILE WEAKENING THEIR OWN FAMILY AND RACE.

Char22

WOW how many really hateful people there are here.
And nobody knows exactly what REALLY happend. Yes he strayed and that is deserving of him losing it all???? Please.....
I bet while no woman is deserving of being cheated on she no saint.."gold Digger" more then likely...
But regardless she could have handled it all differently. JMHO

Char22

WHAT??? seems brown people are claiming that he is bad news because he married a white woman?
PLEASE.....RACIAL DIVIDE...RACISTS....they like it when the looser marries the white girl with a large purse, or a big job....THEN they are not bad news. PLEASE.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments