'Rage' to Radio Show: Eff Your 'No Eff' Rule

12/17/2009 3:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Rage Against the Machine incited mass panic at a British radio show this morning -- when the lead singer unleashed a string of f-bombs during a live on-air performance.

Rage Against the machine -- click to hear

It all went down on UK's Radio Five Live's Breakfast Show during a performance of "Killing in the Name" -- after the band was asked to cut the curse words from the song. According to the DJ, the band obliged before the performance -- but apparently had a change of heart once they went on the air.

After a series of f-bombs, a female DJ can be heard scrambling to cut the audio -- saying, "Get rid of it!" Obviously, Rage was not allowed back on the air.

element2003

THATS WHAT IM TALKIN ABOUT

Alfalfa

it's like asking snoop dog not to smoke a joint before a show... these people are retarded..

Rika

lol, now the Brits will have something else to complain about other than Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand

mjnk77

NICE!!!

Warwick

What did they expect cant have heard the song before? good on rage for keeping it real!

meat

Those Who Died Are Justified
For Wearin The Badge, Thier Chosen Whites
You Justify Those That Died
For Wearin Thier Badge, Thier Chosen Whites
C'mon
F*ck You I Wont Do Whatcha Ya Tell Me!!!!!!!!
F*ck You I Wont Do Whatcha Ya Tell Me!!!!!!!!
F*ck You I Wont Do Whatcha Ya Tell Me!!!!!!!!
F*ck You I Wont Do Whatcha Ya Tell Me!!!!!!!!

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank

GUess they're called Rage Against the Machine for a reason!

Anon

Pathetic, obnoxious, non-conformist little men with misplaced egos and serious maturity issues. They're not misguided teenagers any more & seriously need to grow up.

catty

This will surely guarantee Rage Against the Maquina publicity and headlines... not much else will anymore. Grow up.

Deanna

Rage Rocks! That's why I love you guys! lmao!

Carl

Even though I may be as liberal or moreso politically than those guys, they still bug the heck out of me. Instead of trying to show how anti-establishment they are by swearing on the radio (big deal, I got over the "coolness" of swearing when I was in my teens).

If they really want to live up to their name go disrupt the Tea Bag idiots and other right wing nut jobs. That might be semi-useful, unlike this stupidity.

K

it's Rage... why would anyone expect them to play by the rules? Esp. with the line "F you I won't do what you tell me!" I hate censorship laws... and love how Rage stood up against them! The best part of "Killing" is always edited out... love the song but CAN'T listen to it on the radio, it kills my soul to hear it butchered.

nemo

Can't believe my brain was actually mushy enough at one time to have listened to these tools. It's funny how most normal people realize how insanely stupid liberalism is the older they get.

These morons are the very definition of hypocrisy. The "machine" that they're supposedly "raging" against is government. Yet they blindly support a cult party, and President, who have every intention in expanding the "machine" 10 times what it is now.

It's this type of Fascist hypocrisy that is (fortunately) going to start kicking the kooks out in the elections of next year, and ultimately send our big-eared community organizer back to the slums of Chicago where he belongs, in 2012.

Dave

Yes! 40 year old rich dudes raging against the machine. Then getting into separate limos back to their luxury suites. Rage on.

And why that song, live on the radio? What MAKES that song is the swearing in that section.
"Frig you, I won't do as you tell me"

His Prince Michael

Wow. They dropped the F-BOMB?
How, EIGHTH-GRADE.
Then again, they've tried to pimp Che (!Simpre hasta la VICTORIA!)
for years: STAGE against The Machine. R.I.A.A., shills.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments