Ashton to Brittany: 'See You on the Other Side'

12/20/2009 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ashton Kutcher is already opening up about the death of his ex girlfriend Brittany Murphy, insisting the world "lost a little piece of sunshine."

Ashton kutcher and brittany murphy

Kutcher -- who famously dated Murphy in 2002 when they starred in "Just Married" together -- tweeted, "2day the world lost a little piece of sunshine. My deepest condolences go out to Brittany's family, her husband, and her amazing mother Sharon."

Kutcher added, "See you on the other side kid."

Brittany Murphy & Ashton Kutcher

Brittany Murphy Dead

pretty nice for him to say that http://brittanymurphydead.com/

KD

FU Ashton. You dumped her for old vajayjay. If you break a girl's heart like you did, you have no right to comment on her about anything, ever.

Starr

Is it really that hard to use proper punctuation when referring to a dead friend?

r00t4rd3d

nice website loser , exploiting the death of others.

KF

REALLY, ASHTON???? "See you on the other side." It just sounds so slick and callous. Someone we love or loved dies and we have to get right on Twitter??? You're obnoxious.

Joy

WHAT A LOSER! WHO TWEETS ABOUT SOMEONE'S DEATH?! GO BACK TO SLEEPING WITH OLD BAGS MOORE INSTEAD OF COMMENTING ON BRITTANY.

Missy

She seemed to be a very nice young lady. I hope that time does not prove that she died from a drug related death. But, even if she did, it is disgusting that people get on these websites and say such nasty, horrible things about people, celebrities of not. People should remember that stars have families too and it is very sad that people say such bad things about people. God bless Brittany and may she rest in peace.

Dean

Vic

Is Ashton really that cool? I hate to say it, I really do--but I think the answer is yes. There's no reason he can't comment on her death, there are no rules on how he should do it--and you who judge are losers. No matter how you look at it, this is tragic. And i think AK is a sincere, good guy.

erin

if someone i'd loved passed away i would probably find a more respectful and personal way to express my grief and condolences than twittering it for the world to see. but that's just me. we can't all not be douches!

Brittnay fan

What a completely insensitive creep. If you can Twitter about someone's death, chances are you don't really care about them. But it's great to put yourself in the spotlight, right Ashton? Maybe you should spend less time on Twitter and something might happen with your career.

Alix

Ashton is a dumb ass. No one cares about what he has to say. He isn't anyone...oh wait..he does Commercials! my bad.

hahahaha!

She was his EX people, I'd say less if anything if my Ex passed away tomorrow. As for the punctuation, ummm it's Twitter, everyone uses internet shorthand because you are limited in the amount of characters per comment. Sounds like he knew she had problems, he didn't seem shocked only sad and giving his condolences to the family. Boy I wonder if you guys ripping Ashton are the same ones ripping everyone in the original article for assuming it might have been drugs or an eating disorder that lead to her cardiac arrest??

Joann

I remember seeing Just Married with Ashton and Brittany and thought it was funny. Brittany was so cute and bubbly. Once again, I am so, so sad to read about her death. She has gone much too soon.

Pray For the Beaten Up!

they were so cute together and I am not an Ashton fan. But felt really bad for Brittany when he dumped her like that cuz I knew she loved him too much, but it was funny when she said he had a little ding a ling. Anyway he is an a hole and wasn't worth her efforts i'm sure. she is definitely one of the more positive actors around but not sure of the road she was down as of late.
Wish that it were Ms. Spears or Ms. Snow, instead of this Brittany. This Brittany is the one with talent or was.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments