Brittany Murphy's Husband Returns Home

12/20/2009 3:32 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Simon Monjack, Brittany Murphy's husband, was spotted returning home from the hospital this afternoon.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan2

Jessie

She married that slob because he probably was getting her drugs! It's pretty obvious that young, petite, women like to use Cocaine. Cradiac arrest is common "side effect" of cocaine.

Allison Patrick

Who cares what he looks like. She loved him. And he just lost his wife. BACK OFF!!!

rob

UN-BE-LIV-ABLE! My jaw just dropped to the floor when i heard the news. she was my favorite girly girl actor. i just hope what they say about her is true, and not this sketchy character "husband" of hers having to do something with it. because he'll be in a world of hurt. she was taken way way too soon.

Seth

READ THIS...report on Brits Husband! SHe had to buy her OWN RING! She married him to save him from deportation! This guy has been in jail a couple of times and he seems desperate. He talked her into marriage after only 4 months! Someone better be asking lots of questions!

Brittany Murphy and Factory Girl executive producer and writer Simon Monjack shocked friends and family in April by marrying after only four months of dating. The couple skipped the proposal and honeymoon, exchanging Neil Lane rings in a private L.A. home with only their families present.

But now Murphy’s inner circle is growing concerned about her new man’s history before he swept Murphy, 29, off her feet.

Among his troubles: two warrants for his arrest in Virginia for alleged credit-card theft and fraud; an unpaid $6,087 legal bill, and a $502,910 judgment against him by a British investment firm.

And Us Weekly reports in its new issue that Monjack gave his former fiancée, British film producer Taira Rafiq, an engagement ring he had told her was a diamond but was, in fact, cubic zirconia. “Taira tried to get in touch with Brittany to warn her,” a Rafiq pal told Us .

He also was jailed earlier this year for overstaying his tourist visa, and Murphy, 29, had to bail him out. “Simon began pushing for marriage, since he was going to be deported,” says a source, adding that Murphy paid for her own engagement ring

Monjack told Us, “It is a real tragedy that success, greed, envy and celebrity are the motivation for attacking my family and character.”

Source: Us Weekly

Nicole

Hey #213 Kaka...your a douche bag!! Have some respect you low life peice of crap!! What the hell is wrong with you??? I'm sure you make your mother very proud!!

dallas boy

SH!T...at first I thought it was Britney Spears. Sigh.........what a let down.

SaintSusie

Has anyone noticed that the girl weighed about 90 pounds? Obviously I'm just speculating like every other idiot that doesn't know her, but she easily could have had heart failure if she was anorexic. And for God's sake - leave her poor husband alone! Calling the guy a "fat slob"?? How many of us hiding behind our computers are "fat slobs" too? Let's just hope she was happy with him - she was just a human being like the rest of us.

kayla

WOW are some of you ppl serious? A young women dies at 32 and you think it's because of drugs? She was trying to have a baby pretty sure she wasn't on a anything!!! And who cares who she married at least he made her happy ever hear it matters whats in the inside not the outside ppl my think whom ever your with the same response your giving about her husband, Or even you " Look in the mirror"!!! Some Fans HUH?? And besides all that if there is something behind her death I'm sure they will find out they always do. My thoughts are with the family such a horroiable shocker and christmas is this week, think how hard thats will be on all them!

Phillygi

Not the best picture in the world but give the guy a break .... I know if my wife was being rushed to the hospital I would just throw anything on. He probably was not paying attention and just did not care at the moment. We don't know what the situation was when it all went down.

Tazandra

What shallow, immature comments! Who cares what the guy looks like? She loved him and that's all that matters. I can't believe how rude and crass some people can be. You've got a lot of growing up and learning to do before you can say you treat your fellow human beings the way you would want to be treated, ie - with respect.

AZ

He used to be fairly decent looking. He sure didn't look like this when she married him.

ApostropheCatastrophes

Are you kidding me??? How could she marry that guy? He is obese and looks homeless.

DesertChildAZ

B-747Jetjock : Nice to see you're coherent enough to respond on your own behalf, muffintop...err, I mean "Simon".

jag

You people are pathetic disgusting slobs. I don't care how skinny, beautiful or rich you are. You are small minded A-Holes. Hold your dumb ass comments for someone who cares. This is a very sad situation. Who are any of you to judge her or her husband. TMZ sucks and so do you, (plural).

Just my opinion

230. SH!T...at first I thought it was Britney Spears. Sigh.........what a let down.

Posted at 9:36PM on Dec 20th 2009 by what a downer