Britney Spears Will Stay Put for Now

12/22/2009 11:14 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears will remain under the watchful eye of her father --

The judge didn't specify how long the conservatorship will remain in place, but lawyers involved in the matter tell TMZ they expect it to last somewhere between six months to a year.

TMZ has learned action may be taken next month to begin the process of bringing the conservatorship to an end -- at least part of it.

Britney's dad, Jamie Spears, will continue to receive a $16,000-a-month payment for his duties. Andrew Wallet -- the co-conservator -- was also granted a $174,569.10 payment for services rendered between July 2009 and November 2009.

The judge also authorized Britney's conservatorship to kick out close to $300,000 in attorney's fees.

The next hearing is set for January 14th.

Quiet

Bird is the word, Birds the WORD!

She just asked her manager, to marry her a few weeks ago???

He declined. She asked k-fed to marry her and he said no the first time.Why does she go around STILL asking people to marry her when she is under conservatorship? The first guy she married for 2 days, she asked him too! Desperato to say "I have a Husband"

DUH bird

Princess

It's not 9's comment it's 10's comment I agree with. Correction to my comment at 13. It's 10 who i'm agreeing with the most.

Sally

Why? You can't say your daughter's fine, drag her round the world on a tour and then come back and say, 'well actually she is still bonkers give me control of her cash'.

Mike

Someone named "Wallet" pocketed $174 grand? Man, sometimes truth is a lot stranger than fiction.

Ironic

Britney is ten carat crazy for sure. I'm sure she is Bipolar with psychotic features. As long as she is taking her meds everyday and NOT giving interviews, she can "appear" normal but it's only an appearance. Britney Murphy had the same issue as evidence by her mood stabilizers, anti depressants and anti anxiety meds. Also mood stabilizers often have effects leading to diabetes. I don't know if her illness had anything to do with her death but it's clear she suffered. I hope Spears has a better outcome and conservatorship may be required forever. If it means, she stays alive, so be it.

Larry Fine

How about the judge ordering her to get singing lessons over the next six months? The public needs for her improvement in that category.

b

She cant take care of herself but she can go on a world stripper clown tour???????????????????? REALLY????????????

LOVEtheXFACTOR

WTF ? They're supposed to be "protecting" her... by robbing her blind ????

cosmo in texas

If the courts feel see needs a conservatorship is still needed don't let it be her Dad. It needs to to be an outside person who can see past his wallet. Is he looking at his other daughters, walefare, the one that a no-body with a baby at 17, of course not, she isn't bringing in the bucks.

mary smith

No doubt Brit has some serious issues that, for most of the issues, she should be supervised for. But I think the fees are a good bit outrageous. That's a LOT of money, no matter HOW much you have. Her parents have been cut off before and it served them well. Comments 10 and 12 are great! I completely agree.

cosmo in texas

How much of a kick back is Daddy getting from K-Fed?

Tired of the BS

I have never been a Britney fan, but come on.....can you say rob her blind. Whatever happened to a Dad doing it for love and NOT MONEY. I remember my dad taking care of my affairs when I was a partying fool, and he never got paid for it.

ASTRO KOOKY

balls

Scott

She may be taking medication with serious side effects for bipolar disorder, psychosis, schizophrenia etc. Hopefully she will be okay. Many people with these problems don't survive. Seems like her dad is doing a good job. I love Britney's smile.

cosmo in texas

He is no longer K-Fed, he is Britney fed. She may be bi-poplar but he is a nobody using her money to pay his child-support for his other tar babies.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments