Michael Jackson Targeted with Death Threat

12/22/2009 1:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Someone threatened to kill Michael Jackson, and then-President George H.W. Bush, according to FBI documents just released.

Someone wrote a letter on July 6, 1992, that the FBI obtained, stating, "I decided that because nobody is taking me serious, and I can't handle my state of mind, that I am going to Washington D.C. to threaten to kill the President of the United States, George Bush."

It goes on ..."Michael [Jackson] I will personally attempt to kill, if he doesn't pay me my money."

One of the documents, written by the L.A. City Attorney's office, indicated on June 22, 1992, the author of the letter "arrives in Calif at Jackson's . Threatens to kill."

The FBI says the person who wrote the letter was charged with extortion, pled guilty and was sentenced to prison in 1993.

Yolanda Nixon

Well, he killed himself so no need now.

a total fan

I can only imagine the pain Michael went through his entire life.with extortion, the media and death threats. So many people "killed" him emotionally before Murray came along.

freebizy

It's so sad Michael went thru all that crap. Find out the rest of the truth...

matt

how can you threaten him with death when he's a dead?

matt

It was rumored that this person was actually Brittany Murphy. So only now in her death can the truth come out. Sick puppies.

a total fan

lilly- the threat happened in 1992

matt

it's the truth that this person was actually senator joseph lieberman, before he was finally medicated. no the behaviors are still the same, but that actions less acute. vote JOE in 2010!!!

A.B.

That's the worst Michael Jackson image I've ever seen - including haters' clips on youtube. Only someone with the utmost contempt for the man would publish a photo like that.

Do you want to purge the website from everyone who ever liked MJ?

Please take it away.

matt

CBS and MSNBC are both reporting now that the true identity of this extortionist is non other than mr baba booey, a NYC based business man and entertainment producer. all calls to mr. booey's offices have not yet been returned.

Joe Jackson is illiterate

Who did this? JOE JACKSON? He's been extorting for all of MJ's life and even in death!

matt

i refuse to answer any of these claims on grounds that i may incriminate myself. thank you for respecting my privacy. BB

matt

i KNOW that baba booey is innocent of these charges. you people don't know him the way i do. he would never do such things. he's a decent person. fight the power, baba booey!

cookie

So why wasn't Evan Chandler charged with extortion?

oreo

You can see really see that prince looks just like michael in this picture.

Melanie

Such a shame that Michael had to endure more than we ever thought. I'm glad that he is at peace now. I'm sorry he had to get his peace this way, but glad that no one else can harm him. Much love to the Jackson family.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments