Michael Jackson Targeted with Death Threat

12/22/2009 1:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson Someone threatened to kill Michael Jackson, and then-President George H.W. Bush, according to FBI documents just released.

Someone wrote a letter on July 6, 1992, that the FBI obtained, stating, "I decided that because nobody is taking me serious, and I can't handle my state of mind, that I am going to Washington D.C. to threaten to kill the President of the United States, George Bush."

It goes on ..."Michael [Jackson] I will personally attempt to kill, if he doesn't pay me my money."

One of the documents, written by the L.A. City Attorney's office, indicated on June 22, 1992, the author of the letter "arrives in Calif at Jackson's . Threatens to kill."

The FBI says the person who wrote the letter was charged with extortion, pled guilty and was sentenced to prison in 1993.

Melanie

If the FBI was all in Michael's business, and he was a high profiled celebrity, Just imagine what they are doing with all of our business, like who we talk to, email to, what sites we visit,and all other information. Michael was right "They don't care about us".

murray

STOP MTV FROM TAKING THE KING OF POP TITLE FROM MICHAEL JACKSON!!!
please sign the petition:

MICHAEL JACKSON KING OF POP!!!

Melanie

#18 How can they take his title? That will never happen!!!!!!! Everyone knows who the King Of Pop is. Why do you keep saying this?

Katie

I am sick of you TMZ. TMZ is the WORST news website EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are all annoying and mean and heartless. YOU'VE NEVER BEEN NICE TO ANYONE. Tabloid JUNK.

janicebyrne01

Poor Michael. He had to deal with such unbelievable crap and nutters in his life. No wonder he sometimes needed help to get by. No wonder he wanted his children protected at all times. Soooooo many nutters and extortionists out to get money from Michael.

Marie

Now I understand why Michael Jackson became paranoid with his kids everytime he went out with them and had them wear masks.That is because lunatics were threatening to kill them or kidnap them.But the media made fun of Michael and called him crazy.Martin Bashir made fun of Michael instead of trying to find out why he would have his kids wear masks in public.Shame on Bashir and the media.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2