Man in Photo is Not JFK

12/28/2009 2:57 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ received an email from someone who said the photo we posted showing a man appearing to be John F. Kennedy on a yacht with naked women was actually a photo from a 1967 Playboy photo shoot.

We have contacted Playboy and a rep says the photo did indeed run in one of its 1967 issues. We are trying to get a copy and will update as soon as we get the info.

UPDATE: 2:34 PM ET
We've now confirmed the photo was part of a Playboy spread in 1967. The image published in Playboy was published in color.

UPDATE: 1:11 PM ET
A rep from Playboy tells TMZ the photo ran as part of story titled, "Playboy's Charter Yacht Party: How to Have a Ball on the Briny with an Able-Bodies Complement of Ship's Belles." She says the photo was taken on one of the islands that make up the Grenadines (Petit Rameau).

John2510

Also... the head size is WAY too large to match up with the body.

If anyone is curious, I encourage you to download the hi-res version and examine it at 100% size.

Your photo experts are morons.

I applaud your integrity in making the hi-res version available and rushing to admit your mistake... but your diligence and expertise leaves a lot to be desired...

Icebaby

Fake dudes. But oh yeah, the 60's. Hippies sucked, but better that there was no gangsta's in those days. Man those where better days without the hip hop.

JP

Ok, simple enough. Produce the Playboy issue in question and I will believe it.

Scarlett

TMZ you are FOOLS! How embarassing for you!!! Hope you didn't pay a pretty penny for this picture.

Bob Barnett

I just found my photo of Ben Franklin banging Martha Washington while flying a kite.
George was in the dark as he was on a boat with all men, crossing the Delaware
Both my cats have authenticated it.
How much do you want to pay?

Sloane

hey Harvey

so you owe Hef $$ for printing one of his photos on your site??

thinking that you might

Don

TMZ, will you please stop hiring forklift drivers to do your scientific research!

Pete

TMZ HUGE FAIL!!! lol

Geej

I hope Playboy makes you pay bigtime for their copyrighted photo.

William F. Slater, III

I think it is not only real, I think Elvis Presley was also on that yacht!

You can see the King at the Elvis Shrine;

JayDub

You wankers! I could tell it was a photoshop almost immediately - the JFK pic is much darker and more contrasty, plus I had seen that shot of him in the deck chair somewhere else previously.

Nice try though.

Mark

So what?

Mike E.

This is classic. TMZ wanted this to be real too much and bit. Not unlike CBS going with the stupid Bush/national guard story even though it was too good to be true

Chris Monty

Hate to say it, but we nailed this one. See below. Sheesh...

Donna David

The November 1967 issue of Playboy has the Yacht Party Photo referred to. Exact Picture. No JFK. Or maybe "Weekend At Bernies" Party. LOL