AT&T Hangs Up on Tiger Woods

12/31/2009 12:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods just got a dropped call from AT&T -- as in, "Hello, Tiger? You've been dropped."

AT&T did not explain why they're ending the sponsorship with Tiger.

The news comes in the wake of a study, which shows Tiger's sponsors took a serious financial hit after news of his infidelity became public.

Tiger had already lost a deal with Accenture.

Previous 15 Comments | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13

Jenna

Charlie Sheen is not "white" and Eldridge Woods is not "black." Eldridge Woods lied to his wife, his family and his friends. He also lied to an adoring public. The same cannot be said about Charlie Sheen. Mr Sheen has had some problems and he has been punished accordingly. Eldridge Woods should be punished. The PGA should, under the direction of the commissioner, act promptly and accordingly. Mr. Woods' behavior is inappropriate and a distraction--his behavior has injured the PGA and contrary to some opinions about his absence on the tour, he should be banned indefinitely.

Jenna

If you going to quote stats then you should cite your sources. It's only fair to the readership.

Eldrige Woods lied to his wife. How do you feel when lied to? Edridge Woods lied to his friends. Do your friends lie to you? Regardless of your feelings about this event in Mr. Woods' life, he (Edridge) is a liar--it's a fact. If you condone lying, if you condone cheating or if you condone infidelity then support Mr. Woods vigorously but I, though not perfect, will not.

I would encourage all those who do not support Edridge Woods' behavior to act! Write to each of his sponsors and let them know your feelings and more importantly, do not use the services or products that Mr. Woods endorses. I applaud Accenture. I applaud AT&T. And, I believe Gillette has also dropped Mr. Woods too, so I applaud Gillette.

blackout

My God, Man everyone is dropping Tiger because of his personal affairs. How can we allow one act of Indiscretion [that is known publicly] Destroy all that this man has accomplish. There is not a married man that can say he is never, cheated. He just 'hasn't been caught yet! You People are something else; as long as a person is doing well and bringing in the cash, you are Happy. However, Let that person Make one mistake and they treat him like a criminal as if he has went on a killing spree. These are only tactics of discouragement but I doubt Tiger is discourage. How LOW CAN YOU GO! By taking the car privilege away, the contract ended anyway! Nevertheless, I bet you need him before he needs you. He will make a come back. Clinton did it with Monica L. Michael Jackson did it before he died. In addition, Tiger woods will too. I felt it was all a set up from the beginning, every black man that marries a white woman will always fall. They will have your babies tell you they love you and all along setting you up too fail then his so call friends, which are now his enemies wants to break him financially, destroy his reputation, and put him in the box with washed up celebrities, after all he has done for them. However, that is just how, the devil works. WHAT A SHAME! Everyone that is dropping him is communicating with one another.
Because of the 12 billion dollar loss, they Say. This is the most expensive act of adultery I have EVER SEEN and I do mean EVER!

SweetMelissa

They both suck, Sheen needs to go into rehab again. I think hes a pig also. Tiger thinks hes above the law, arrogant bastard. Good I hope all his sponsers drop him and Sheen too. Tiger and Sheen are gonna end up like OJ if they dont get help.

joyl