Tiger Woods -- Haiti Hero?

1/14/2010 12:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods may have finally emerged from exile in the name of humanitarianism, this according to Russell Simmons.

Simmons claims he heard that Tiger was getting involved in the Haiti relief effort and wrote the following message on his Twitter page: "heard tiger woods donating to send a cargo plane with a mobile hospital out there. Keep ur prayers high!"

TMZ has attempted to confirm with Tiger's people -- so far, no one seems to know anything.

SERIOUSLY!!!

Just more proof that Tiger is human with human feelings and emotion and failings.
Nice to know he's up and looking at the world again & not wallowing shame, guilt and remorse. Some things are just bigger than our own personal problems & Haiti is that 'bigger'.
Care, donate, serve and help!

Jeanie

Jamaican- Sam~~~~If that means anything, LOL. In any event I have truly received an excellent education from noted institutions but thats isn't on the line here. What truly is on the line is that I cannot fathom the lack of intelligence and awareness from US Soldier and yourself. I do not look down on soldiers, I have member of my (gasp) hispanic family who are Marines and due to this I am ashamed that someone would claim to be a soldier a representative of this country and have zero knowledge on what this country is or how it is made up.

We live in a multicultural society that is what it is because many different types of people have contributed. Many people regardless of their skin color, nationality, race, sex, or orientations have contributed and worked hard to prosper and help this nation. America is a nation made up with several different types of individuals and we must embrace them or else we are doomed to fail as we have. If we would unite and instead help one another this would be a different country.

I am a democrat and do support the troops.Obviously you are just one ignorant Republican that feels that believing in war means you are supporting the troops and if you do not then you do not support the troops you are an idiot as well. I never spoke poorly of the soldiers but if US Soldier wants to state something negatively about hispanics than he has another thing coming to him. And if he wants to talk bad about people on assistance than the fact is soldiers do get several benefits; not saying they haven't earned them, but many people on assistance have worked to earn help when they fall on rough times----Again, I never had had the misfortune of needing any.

If you think I should join John Kerry than maybe you should join Sarah Palin her lack of knowledge, awareness, or sophistication and lack of utter linguistic skills. Leave me alone and jump on the we votes for someone we didn't even there qualifications but she looks pretty, has five kids, and hunts for kick. Please....you seem so pathetic. I did vote for John Kerry and proudly so, look what your vote for Bush got us---->an economic downfall, a split nation, and more and more WAR. But then again WAR seems to be the only priority for so many . Its sad that people exist like you, but if I have to deal with an idiot like you then you have to deal with hispanics and all other minorities.

When people are in need it doesn't matter who helps as long as there is help. But a sock in it and so donate some $$$$ if you really care about others as you claim.

PS- I call you an idiot not because of the lack of education you obviously have but because you choose to be so arrogant and mindless. I pity you and other like you.

I support our troops----who by the way come in all colors many who are minorities.

whatever

Good job, Tiger.

Jeanie

US SOldier if you have the balls to state my people are doing anything to you and you really are a big, strong, soldier, identify yourself by name and rank.

I did not think so.

You are not only a pathetic excuse for an American, but definitely are not even a man. You call me a woman an A*hole, lots of laughs. If you do not like were you are move- I doubt you are stationed anywhere and if you are this is why better psychological exams are needed for our soldiers----definitely do not feel safe having a disturbed individual as yourself holding a gun.

Sad, just sad....

Jeanie

BTW no soft spot....I am simply tired of uneducated, unaware, morons like yourself going on websites posting such culturally and racially offensive comments. You should definitely move---in case you haven't noticed this country is filled with hard working minorities that aren't going anywhere---many of which are probably helping to pay for many of your services.

patty00005

# 23 - I wish you luck with the job hunt, and I apologize if you took offense to my comment. It was not intended.

My donation amount should not reflect on others. My comment was merely a plea to all those who can donate do so. Of course; no one can match the alledged donation made by Tiger, but even a few dollars adds up. I do not think any one in Haiti cares who gives more, as long as they get the help they so desperately need.

speech

IF TIGER DOES SEND AID TO HAITI IT IS FOR TO HELP THOSE PEOPLE NOT TO REDEEM HIMSELF. DESPITE HIS PERSONAL LIFE,HE IS A REMARKABLE PERSON WITH A GOOD HEART,A BILLION DOLLAR CASH COW FOR THE PGA,THE ENVY OF WHITE MEN AROUND THE WORLD DUE TO HIS TALENT,AND IN CASE YOU DONT ALREADY KNOW.....EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE TO WHITE WOMEN(ESPECIALLY BLONDES).JUDGE HIM IF YOU LIKE,BUT LOOK IN THE MIRROR AND CHECK YOURSELF AS WELL!!!"LET HE WHO IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE"-THE BIBLE

I NEED REAL PROOF!!!

Good way to redeem yourself, Tiger! I hope that you are truly sorry for what you have done to your family and fans and that you will try not to repeat the same mistake again. Those nasty whores are not worth losing what's important to you, especially your beautiful family!

I hope Elin will find it in her heart to forgive you and start over again with you. Wish your family the best!

PLEASE KEEP DONATING TO HAITI AND OTHER COUNTRIES WHO ARE IN NEED OF HELP! THANK YOU ALL!!!

Sharon

He will do anything to get back in the spotlight! Too bad he didn't think how much his family would be hurt by his actions. Not just talking about his mother and wife either. Typical of his HANDLERS! Tiger get rid of the handlers........

Charlie

Leave Tiger alone. Everyone wants something from him like his time, money, etc. Give him a break, that is why there is the United Nations to take care of these issues. He needs a vacation, not to be bothered with this.

Leave Tiger alone!

There are governments to help Haiti. Give the gut a break, he is one man.

happy day

Jeanie, try to shut up for 20 mins and go cook me some arapanes, and some plantains, and then watch your soaps, your ignorance is starting to show.

joe

tiger is just trying to make himself feel less guilty for destroying his marriage and his childrens lives,,plus maybe he can find some more strange down there because noone knows him..heh heh
im sure wacko jacko caused the eqarthquake to get the heat off of dr murry his buddy,,jackson will stop at nothing to help his drug buddy

speech

JEANIE JUDGING BY YOUR POSTS,YOU ARE THE TYPE OF PERSON THIS COUNTRY AND WORLD NEED MORE OF.CONTINUE TO SPREAD RIGHTEOUSNESS AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU.

Steve

Reports of Eldrick having compassion are PREMATURE. If anything he'd pimp the situation for his own PR. Haiti isnt the poorest country in the world because they dont receive enough charity. It's because of of systemic mass corruption. Look for relief supplies to be stolen and sold on ebay.

Wally

Yes, please pray for these people. Because all that praying to an all-loving all-powerful god, BEFORE the earthquake hit, did so much darn good. But hmmm, which god to pray to...Thor? Zeus? Allah? Jesus?

Or, instead of praying to a mythical entity, perhaps build stonger buildings?