Tiger Woods -- Haiti Hero?

1/14/2010 12:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods may have finally emerged from exile in the name of humanitarianism, this according to Russell Simmons.

Simmons claims he heard that Tiger was getting involved in the Haiti relief effort and wrote the following message on his Twitter page: "heard tiger woods donating to send a cargo plane with a mobile hospital out there. Keep ur prayers high!"

TMZ has attempted to confirm with Tiger's people -- so far, no one seems to know anything.

speech

SHONDRA---I MUST SAY YOU ARE 1 IGNORANT PERSON.ALLOW ME TO SCHOOL YOU.80% OF HAITIANS PRACTICE THE CATHOLIC RELIGION.AIDS DOES EXIST THERE AS WELL AS OTHER COUNTRIES INCLUDING USA.NO ONE DESERVES BAD THINGS TO HAPPEN TO THEM,NOT EVEN YOU FOR WRITING THE SENSLESS BULLS@#T.THEYVE ENCOUNTERED YEARS OF SLAVERY, CORRUPTION AND VIOLENCE AS WELL AS A BAD INFRASTRUCTURE AND NATURAL DISASTERS BUT YET THEY ARE SO RESILENT AND HOPEFUL FOR BETTER DAYS SINGING SONGS PRAISING GOD FOR SURVIVING. THEY ARE MY HEROES-AND FOR YOU TO SAY THINGS LIKE THAT YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO ALL HUMANITY

Ball`s has no Ball`s

56. Speech: Thank you.

Kevin: If minorities would leave this country it would grumble. Minorities should go on a strike for one day to show all of you arrogant individuals how much they contribute. Blacks, Asians, and Hispanics not only do much of the hard work most individuals won't but they are also holding extremely important jobs and roles such as lawyers, doctors, teachers, and lets not forget our President who his mostly of minority origin.

Wake up this country is changing; bias, racist, and truly DELUSIONAL individuals should hear the wake up call.

Posted at 1:35PM on Jan 14th 2010 by jeanie

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/14/tiger-woods-haiti-hero/4#comments#ixzz0cc9oG2NK
STFU

lyn

image recovery, great... if tiger ends up with any of these homewrecking whores he has lost it forever...of any celebrity i had total faith in him. what a heartbreak, he lost a great family...

disturbed

32. Jeanie my comment worked I must have hit a soft spot in you!! The truth hurts doesnt it, Guess you have never lived down here in south florida where all your people are abusing our country, you stupid non intelligenat A-HOLE.

US Soldier

Posted at 11:58AM on Jan 14th 2010 by buzz

----------------------------------
Just out of curiosity, if you're so intelligent, then why do you not know how to write with the proper, basic punctuation such as commas, periods, questions marks,
capitalization, correct uses of your/you're, hypenization, and spelling (the word intelligent is spelled intelligent, not intelligenat)?

happy day

Jeanie,, let me tell you something I am a Retired CSM U.S. Army spent many Campagins in relief and in combat areas, my most recent was 4 tours during desert storm, and desert shield in Kuwait city, prior to that I served in the panama invasion, the el salvador invasion, and the haitian invasion, to give power back to Aristide, in 1990. I love my country was born and raised in Marine park, Brooklyn NY, Raised by a Italian/Irish parents, who just made it by every week. I dont hate anyone, I just want the same contibutions us hard working americans give to the poor countries, by other countries that are less off. Now I reside in south florida, this isn't america down here any more. I have haitian friends all around me, they are hard working good people, my point was for other countries to get off there ass and give the same, Tell me what has Castro given to Haiti, one plane of supplies??I would give my right arm again to suit up and go over there and help them again. So should all the people that have everything in this world. Wish my Dad wasnt a Postal worker, But I love him for who he is, and I love who I am. May God Bless me.

magentapyramid

The pictures of the quake absolutely broke my heart. I immediately sent $100.00. I'm considering sending more but I'm on a disability pension. We'll see.

Charlie

Haitians in south Fl are bringing aids to the US. They come over illegally and bring disease. I just avoid them if I see them or any black people for that matter.

lili

56. Speech: Thank you.

Posted at 1:20PM on Jan 14th 2010 by jeanie

.........

Jeanie, well said. Those who think that minorities should leave the country should just leave themselves, and go to Russia because minorities are in ALL SOCIOECONOMIC CLASSES. In their minds, they think that minorities are the poor. Guy what? Not. Those who are small minded enough to state that minorities are ruining Florida do not realize how many Cubans, Haitians, and Dominicans are Doctors, Judges, Professors, Engineers, etc...

Anyway, hope Tiger does help the poor Haitians, if so, good job Tiger!!

romil4

9. This would be a nice phony way to redeem himself! ROFLMAO
Posted at 10:59AM on Jan 14th 2010 by Andre
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/01/14/tiger-woods-haiti-hero/#comments#ixzz0ccJMy25k

I agree. His PR people have been waiting for just such a "high profile" issue to get him back in the public's good graces.A couple more of this kind of "publicity" & people will forget what a dirtbag he is. Bottom line - he never had, nor will have, any integrity if his inner phsyche is so immoral to think nothing of doing what he did to his wife & family. He is what he is.

Angry Democrat 'Sky Blu' from LMFAO attack GOP Romney on Purpose .

Some Democrat supporters and socialists are blaming Global Warming for Haiti Quake. When many are feared dead this becomes an Opportunity to EXPLOIT the Haiti Quake. Pitting Any Group against Any Other Group (which causes suspicion among people) is a Collective (Socialist) Method , to Control Communication. A Lie is Justified for a socialist common good, is another reason why Some have a Desire to EXPLOIT Haiti.

chelle

At this point, I could give a damn where it comes from, who it comes from.... if you can give, do so. There is a small group of idiots that are just mean spirited, narrow minded, and full of hatred saying why give and don't. Yes we are in a terrible financial situation here in the US, but for a human being regardless of skin color, poor little children, help due something instead of poppin your chops or typing hate!!!!!!!!! Just dammit do something.

sonley79

The reason America is able to send aid is because Americans are the most generous of peoples.
They have the most even in times of hardship, they share.
Everyone is affected by this. It's a world problem...we must help

In Canada we are helping, France, England, etc are helping, but when America has the biggest and the best ships, it is they that can stop the killing that will sure ensue when food is short.

JoJo

I say who cares what Tiger has done. None of us has to pay for what he did but him. Millions of men cheat on their wives who are just average joes and nobody pays attention, nobody cares. Yet we care about this man cause he makes money?? I feel bad for his wife, I am pretty sure Tiger never meant to hurt his wife. When you're out there, rich...nice looking... the opposite sex will seduce you. We have all had sex out of wedlock, in wedlock and what not that means nothing. Now is the time to forgive and forget. There is a major crisis right now and that's all that matters. If Tiger is willing to contribute I say "right on"! WE LOVE YOU TIGER.

JUDGE NOT, LEST YOU BE JUDGED

Ali

What do you mean redeem himself? He is not the pope. He is a sports figure and he is a human being not like so me of you who are so nasty that you have caca coming ut of your mouth . Way to go Tiger. This world would be a better place if these self centered, selfish celebrities had compassion for the downtrodden, sick, hungry and destitute people.

R.Zimmerman

I get the Tiger angle, but what's the deal with Simmons? Would he be so passionate about this if it had been, say,the Isle of Wight(no pun intended)instead of Haiti? Just sayin'.....