Kimmel's Brutal Leno Beatdown

On Jay's Show!

1/15/2010 11:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jimmy Kimmel completely destroyed Jay Leno on his own show last night -- constantly ripping the talk show host apart for taking back the 11:35 PM time slot.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1
Trust us, this gets pretty damn awkward/awesome.

sara

IT WAS SCRIPTED YOU MORONS SHADDAP AND NJOY!

jus'sayin

I thought that was funny! Jay took it well, (a good sport) But it was funny!

Mag

Neither is a a-hole, I agree with #28, the whole thing was scripted. Come on people your smarter than that to think it wasn't. AND, even if it wasn't Jay took it like a Pro. I love Jay, just found him out of place in the 10:00 o'clock time slot. I'm looking forward to seeing him back where he belongs. No disrespect to Conan, but he was boring and his jokes only relate to a certain demographic. Jay's jokes can go across all demos.

Bob

I like both Conan and Jay - and I'm from Detroit and around here we think Jay walks on water - and it's too bad the way the whole thing worked out. But what gets completely overlooked is that Conan got canceled too. Now he has the right to complain that he wasn't given the same chance that Jay got back in the day to grow his audience but with weak numbers you're vulnerable - Jay barely hung on if you remember. And Letterman and Kimmel can talk all they want - a year ago Jay was kicking the hell out of them in the rating and a year from now when things settle down he will again. Hunter Thompson though, as usual, nailed it on the head.

YOUCH

HA HA It was a funny interview. I don't see any bashing. It seemed like two friends ribbing each other.

Maui Girl

Oh PLEASE. Schoolyard remarks is all Kimmel has? That's all he's got? This was the thing we tuned into see? LOL! Yeah, okay. Get a life, Kimmel. You wouldn't give up your desk for any other comedian, and neither should anyone else. Stop whining on Coco's behalf. You, Conan and Letterman are taking the jealousy thing too far, and beginning to look like the Three Stooges, or the retarded version of the Three Amigos.

No matter how much you spew your jealous venom, Jay looks like the stronger person, able to take a few on the chin, from his fellow late night comedians. Kimmel appears desperate (as well as overweight and really pasty white) to jump on Jay's Bandwagon, to try to get some of this attention.

Jay is coming out on top of all this Jay Bashing. What is that saying that when someone continually finds the time to berate and bash another, that it says more about them, than the person they're attacking. That is true in this case.

Letterman, Kimmel and Conan the Cry Baby have nothing else to talk about except for Jay Leno. It's giving Jay all the power and publicity, while making those other men looks stupid and classless. And talentless.

I'm a loyal fan to both Jay and Jimmy. After watching Jay, I tune into Kimmel. Kimmel is making an ass of himself by continuing this banter and what he thinks are cheap shots. They're not.

You whiney babies just keep it up. Jay is laughing all the way to the bank -AND- having the last laugh.

Pat

How anyone can feel sorry for Leno is beyond me. He brought this on himself. He has no class. If he had walked away he would have looked like a hero, a super nice guy who would retire on a high note and go off to a very lucrative Vegas run. Instead he has trashed his reputation, alienated millions of viewers and destroyed the Tonight Show. Jay is the a hole.

sarah

Kimmel is the most unfunny guy on tv. No wonder Sarah Silverman left his fat ass.
Conan is almost as unfunny as Kimmel. That's why Leno and Letterman make the BIG bucks..

diana

That was a dirty shot that Kimmel did to Leno. Jealousy, that is all. So glad that Leno is back.

Now, I see why I stopped watching Kimmel, he's nuts and has no class. Connan needs to grow up. Such a "BIG" baby. He's got 50 million whatelse does he want.
GO JAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bobo Frog

The people claiming it was scripted really are dumb....so NBC and the Leno show deliberately tried to make Leno look like a piece of crap, while making Jimmy Kimmel looking really funny...so that no one will ever want to watch that piece of crap Jay Leno ever again....???

Mike

I did not find it as bad at all. I thought it was bunny and Jay took it well. I liked that segment. And I am HAPPPPPPY that Jay will be back for the full one hour deal at 11:35. :)

DMB

I love Jimmy!! I'm so glad he had the nerve to say all of that to Jay's face. Jay needs to go retire and leave Conan and the Tonight Show alone to have a chance to find it's own audience. Team Conan!!!

Jillian

I've never found Leno to be very funny. Conan is quirky-funny and I do enjoy watching his former show now and then. The problem is that neither of these two guys deserved the Tonight Show. Neither were good enough for that gig. I will say, however, that Leno wanted to retire, changed his mind, came back in a different format, it crashed and burned, and now he wants to come back to his former team/timeslot and play - gee, sounds like Brett Farvre. :-)

Maui Girl

CONAN, KIMMEL AND LETTERMAN - STOP BEING LOSERS. JAY IS TOPS AND I'M GLAD IT MAKES YOU BITTER AND MAKES YOU CRY IN PUBLIC, WUSSES. Waaaaaaaaaaaaa

Elloh

There´s three options:

1. Jay moving on Conan, Jimmy and Carson and pushing back the legendary Tonight Show and Late Night.

2. Getting Conan kicked out.

3. Jay retires.

Jay does want either 1 or 2, 3 isnt a option (what he said between 2004-2009 was false)