Simmons Sorry for Premature Tiger Tweet

1/16/2010 12:19 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Russell Simmons now admits he jumped the gun when he said Tiger Woods was donating $3 million to help out Haiti -- but really, that's the least of Tiger's troubles.

Tiger's people say they are still evaluating the best way to help, but that didn't stop Russell from committing Tiger to something he hasn't committed to yet.

He tells TMZ, "Yesterday, I tweeted that Tiger Woods was contributing in a major way. My source for the tweet was premature, however, I strongly and passionately urge everyone with reach and means to act NOW as speed is everything to saving the lives of people in desperate need."

Tiger's camp says they plan to be a part of the relief effort, they are just considering their options.

GTLT

Option 1. They need $$$$ now.

Come Tiger, might as well give it away before you really have to give it away! I think you know what I mean.

No trailer trash

Who is this tard writing checks with other people's (Tiger's) money? Is this guy Tiger's manager or what?

Regardless, if this guy works for Tiger, then Tiger should step up and fork over the $3MM, otherwise Tiger ends up with another black eye caused by something other than an enraged woman with a 9 iron.

candy

More exclusive pix on Wood's infamous Las Vegas week-end...

cindy

He don't have the balls. Ask Elin.

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

why r't all the corporate jets and Trumps of the world..lining their fleet up and ushering the salvagable victims to US hspts..or wherever...oh..thats right..nothing in it for them!!!!!!

kellygirl

Maybe Russey was pulling Tigers coat to do something for the Black community. So what he forced his hand! Tiger seems to have forgotten that he is what is it, 1/4 Black. An act of kindness just might turn public opinion.

phil

radaronline has just posted tiger is in a sex rehab centre in mississipi

Teebag

Russell Simmons has some major coin of his own. If I were Tiger, I'd say when you Mr. Simmons put up $3 million, then I'll match it. That should keep his big mouth shut.

PolarBear

Good thing Elin and the kids are separate from the pervert circus now. They're desperado over in Tiger's Den of the INEBRIATED.

A-Hole

So, , , SIMMONS put your $3millon where your mouth is - Instead of promising TIGER's $$$, What an A-Hole!!!!

karma

Goes to show these tabloids report everything they read off of tweets as fact. Radaronline, TMZ, etc. trashier everyday.

DRE

I think Russell Simmons has nothing better to do these days than to be tweeting with Tila Tequila. That's what it sounds like.

Jeff

You don't force someone to donate. That isn't cool Russell Simmons, why don't you donate the 3 mil which I know you will. Now I know that YOU donated the 3 mil, I won't have to donate. Thanks for making me feel better and I contributed. Thanks Russell Simmons for contributing in a major way. Hey Tiger, Russell Simmons went ahead and donated 3 mil and dedicated that it's from all of us, you included. Now, I am not going to donate to Haiti. Thanks Russell Simmons on behalf of everyone!

jmb

Russell Simmons' should prove he gave $3 million to the people of Haiti before he starts offering up other people's money.

Tariq

Guys check out vipf1 dot com they are giving away paddock club passes to the abu dhabi F1 2010 Grand Prix.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments