Britney Spears

Credit Card Caper

1/19/2010 12:20 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears Britney Spears may not be capable of signing record deals and buying homes, but when it comes to a simple shoe purchase, she's a regular shopping ninja.

We've learned Britney is using her bodyguard's credit card to score purchases that don't fit into her conservatorship budget.

Britney hit up the Steve Madden store in the Valley over the weekend and bought 2 pairs of boots. We're told Brit paid for the new kicks with a credit card, but the card had the name of one of her bodyguards on it.

The store employees gave Britney a hard time over the card ... because she signed her own name on the dotted line. We're told Britney convinced the clerk the person named on the card is an employee of her company and she was entitled to use it.

Here's the thing: Under the terms of the conservatorship Britney has a credit card with a limit of $1,500 a week.

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

team coco

mrez golucky

Yikes!

lol

Whatever. She should be able to buy whatever she wants. She is the one bringing in the millions. This is retarded.

Simone

Poor Britney!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's very difficult to a woman see a beautiful pair of shoe and can't buy it. I understand her suffering!!!!!!!! Hahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahhahahhaha.

I laughed, but I am serious, guys!!!!!!!!!!

Mariah

Jeez, who cares? I go to get lunch for people at work and they all give me their debit cards and I sign my name all the time. Even the doctors in our practice give me their credit cards and I sign my name. What's scariest is that no one at these restaurants even blinks when I do that. Only because this is Britney is it making news!

jerry

NO WONDER OUR CABLE TELEVISION BILLS ARE TOO HIGH.... WHY ARE THEY PAYING CONAN SO MUCH FRIGGN MONEY.... THE RICH GET RICHER AND WE ALL SUCK..

Anthony

stuntin ho

Lindsay

Dear Harvey,

I Love You! And, I want you to know you are one of my greatest role models. You show me what it means to be a dedicated, and determined worker. You also show me the meaning of REAL human compassion and decency. I would like to take this opportunity, to ask that you please post something on the devastation in Haiti, and a way that TMZ readers can donate their immediate aid. They need our help more than ever. We need to stand up, and show them we CARE. Thanks so much.

All my love and admiration,
Lindsay Kate.

The Truth

$1500 a week. She doesn't spend it on food or rent as that is done by the conservatorship.

It's unbelievable the way celebs spend their money. BS has a mental disorder so that is probably why she's on a tight spending leash.

janalal4

I have always thought this girl had 'bipolar disorder' & STILL do. Everything she does just reinforces that idea to me. This girl SHOULD be on a 'budget' because in her manic phase she could do some serious financial damage. All I can say is that I sincerely hope she is staying on her meds & that conservatorship should definitely REMAIN IN PLACE FOR QUITE SOME WHILE TO COME!! I wish her well but sure hope they keep those reins pulled tight on this girl. All she is doing with the 'spending' is filling up that still-empty 'hole' inside herself. Hope she's getting some intensive psychotherapy as well. I really like Britney & want to see her have a happy life & be able to be a great mom to those boys:)

RKB

She has worked her *ss off over the last 10 years to earn her money
she should be able to spend what ever amount she wants.

LARA

FAKE. STOP LYING TMZ.

juschillen

She'll be thankful later in life that someone was managing her money wisely. Two words: Nicolas Cage.

balls