Conan O'Brien's Final Show -- Kinda Somber

1/22/2010 11:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Conan O'BrienConan O'Brien just finished taping his final episode of "The Tonight Show" -- and between the jokes, audience members described the scene as "somber."

We're told that during the commercial breaks, crew members were saying goodbye to each other. Conan closed the show by playing guitar with Will Ferrell -- they performed "Free Bird" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.

There was a surprise guest -- we won't ruin it for you, but he's on an NBC show that's really very funny.

So that narrows it down to like three.

TV Gord

Chevy? He's not funny, but Community sure is!

paroledagain

I though his last guest was going to be tiger woods ( the wood man )

Ed

I was hoping his final guest would be Rush Limbaugh and he would instantly die of a heart attack and then truly the world would be a better place.. =)

Jenny

Alec Baldwin? Steve Carell? Chevy Chase? That's all I've got.

Poor Conan. I can only hope he starts on a different network and it blows Jay's show out of the water. Ultimate fu to NBC and Jay!

Scroomy

TMZ is owned by NBC, hence I must say things I really don't mean. Hey I need a paycheck.

Zinc

Michael Scott.

Rip It Up

Hey #3 Eddy, let's hope you get hit by a truck tonight. People like you are disgusting. Drop dead.

Lisa

SPOILER: If you are a Facebook fan of The Office, then you were told yesterday that it's Steve Carrell.

FABIO

I hope that JAY LENO is the special guest tonight!!

That would be terrific!

O-Dog2009

Chevy w/the red hair definitely makes sense!!! Tom's not a secret but getting hit by a rock again would be funny!!!!

Ryan

Fabio, he said it would be a guest from a funny show, so that rules out Leno. And #6, you said you hope someone gets hit by a truck -- you're equally disgusting.

Tex

Mark,

Who cares about Tiger? Elin should dump Tiger, and let him join Amway, along with his "girlfriends", as Amway also screws anything that moves.

Amway is a scam, and here's why: Amway pays out as little money as they can get away with, so they support the higher level IBOs ripping off their downline via the tool scam.

As a result, about 99% of IBOs operate at a net loss, while the top 1% make several TIMES more from their Amway tool scam than from the Amway products.

Read about it on my blog, I suggest you start here: http://tiny.cc/D5oJh and forward the information to everyone you know, so they don't get scammed.

Debbie

You can't blame Jay Leno. He's been a gentleman throughout the whole ordeal. And he shouldn't have been pulled off the air when he was the #1 late night talk show. Jay has always taken the high road.

mr t

Read his contract, there was no time clause . He was asked to start 30 minutes later to help both shows. He now gets millions while his staff is out of a job. nbc didn't put them out of a job. Conan did. His actions just added to the unemployed.

O-Dog2009

Jay Leno is a crooked MFer!!!!! He & NBC did Conan so wrong!!!! It's that industry and money but I mean, ouch!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments