Oprah to Jay Leno: 'Memba Conan?

1/27/2010 4:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jay Leno told Oprah what he already told TMZ -- that he and Conan O'Brien haven't said a word to each other since the beginning of the NBC mess.

Jay Leno: Click to watch
In a preview of his big one-on-one with Oprah, Jay says he wanted to have a convo with Conan -- but thought "it didn't seem appropriate."

Mikey

What planet is Oprah on?! She is insane.

Bryan

Jay Leno sucks!!! GO TEAM COCO!!!!

TakeThisWarning

Leno is a liar and a dink. He lost his arse in the stock market between 04' and 09' and forced his way back on to TV and eventually back into his old job.

He's not funny, he's old and fat and piece of chit. I hope he rots in he ll.

cxcontreras

I guess Jay and NBC are trying to re-store his image by having him do this interview. Since Oprah is a friend of his, it is obvious whose team she is on. Team COCO rules!

UGGGGHHH

IF IT WAS THE OTHER WAY AROUND, CONAN WOULD OF SCREWED LENO.

BUSINESS IS BUSINESS PEOPLE.........

HAPPY FOR JAY .

AS FOR JAY HATERS, TO FN BAD. NBC MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE.

king

The shark wasn't just jumped, it was filleted, then eaten by that grotesque jaw.

New FOX Fan

Jay is killing the tonight show. Johnny is rolling over in his grave.
i predict that the tonight show will be a tired memory in 5 years when Jay-hole turns 65 years old.

Conan can't be interviewed as part of the terms of his agreement with NBC. Also the money NBC is paying conan is a contractual obligation. i don't understand these people that say conan should be happy look at the pay off. it is the same as telling someone that got fired from their dream job that they should be happy they got a month's severance pay.

i am so sorry that the tonight show is going away. Jay-hole just squeezed it too hard. i don't think it can recover.
You can only polish a turd for so long before people start to smell it. Good luck with your P.R. JAY-HOLE

Mike

It's time for Oprah to move on!! Rosie O Donnell, now Jay Leno?? Who's next "Snooki" and "The Situation"... Come to think of it.....

craig

Intelligent people can see that Jay is a really nice guy that stupid
NBC network and the coco nuts made him out to be the bad guy. Jay
will come out fine at the end. He will crush them all.

kent

Actually Conan is allowed to give interviews and Oprah has asked him to come on her show:

But Conan has no need to give interviews because the media elite is rallying around him. Oprah is much too nice and loyal a person to throw Jay Leno to the wolves, but from the preview I saw, she did ask him some tough and very intelligent questions such as "Did you think that you are taking away Conan's dream?"

Borednow

I used to like Jay but now I think he comes off as a phony. There are too many people who have stories about the real Leno and he comes off as a sneaky, go behind your back kind of guy.

Ziggy

I've been watching the tonight show for years. Johnny was the best, and no one will ever come close.

What happened with Conan / Jay was all network politics and money. I think the 2 of them did a great job with the Tonight show. No matter which one was hosting, I always knew I was in for a good laugh, and they never let me down.

I look forward to seeing Jay back in his old time slot, and to seeing Conan take on something fun and new.

As far as being on Oprah, I think it's too soon, and a lil unfair that Conan can't come out and talk to us right now. I'm sure if it was possible, she would have had them both on. But not even Oprah can remove Conan's gag...we'll just have to wait.

go away

I can't believe the man didn't have enough decency to pick up the phone and call Conan. Most of the other comedians heve expressed their support for Conan (except Sienfeld cause he is way up NBC's a$$ too). They all know what a sleeze Jay Leno is and have known for years.

Jason

I'm on team Conan, but I though Jay's analogy to fighting was spot on-- it offered a perfect navigation out of the thicket of "jokes can hurt" vs. "these jokes didn't hurt me". And he came up with it on the spot. Well done.

Googie

Steve you are so right. If all the people on Team Coco had been watching Conan at 11:35, he'd still be on. The audience was watching Letterman instead of Conan. In the case of Jay 10:00, people chose to watch CSI:Miami, Mentalist, Numbers or Ugly Betty Instead of watching Jay. NBC decided they made the mistake 6 years ago and made another business decision whether Team Coco agreed or not.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments