'Deadliest Catch' Guy Suffers Stroke

1/30/2010 11:40 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Phil HarrisPhil Harris -- captain of the Cornelia Marie on "Deadliest Catch" -- suffered a stroke and is currently hospitalized, a Discovery rep tells us.

A spokesman for the show tells TMZ, "Phil Harris suffered a stroke while in port off-loading from the F/V Cornelia Marie. He has been transported to a medical facility and is receiving the best care possible. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and we will make more information available as we know it."

Phil has been captain of the Cornelia Marie for 18 years, according to the Discovery website, where his two sons serve as deckhands.

I BE DARNELL

TMZ CREATES.....THE CURVE........OTHERS ...JUST ATTEMPT TO NAVIGATE IT, AT BEST>>>>>

SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE

Guy is simply a badassdude and I Hope he gets well soon. Which hospital is he at I would like to send him some get well cartons of cigarettes and an attitude adjustment catalog. This should help him live longer no?
Cigarettes will not help you get better dumbass.

Jessica Sargent

This is just so sad and worrying for all the fans of the show. My thoughts and nightly prayers are with him and his family. He is a wonderful father and man, we need more men like him! xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

susan

Phil Harris suffered a stroke while in port off-loading from the F/V Cornelia Marie. Video http://usspost.com/phil-harris-4671/

kev the realist

Seems like a classy, hard working, tell it like it is guy. Along with other fans of Captain Phil, he has had all of the warnings and obviously did not learn after his blood clot, to take it easy. Smoking like a chimney and downing redbulls like they are cups of water, coupled with egg and bacon sandwiches, I guess you would say he was tempting fate. God Speed and all your fas wish and pray for your speedy recovery. Hopefully your boys will realize that smoking is not helping any of them and best wishes.

Kev the Realist

Gina

OOOHHH man I am sorry to hear that. He is my fav capt. my prayers go out to him and his family and the crew.

Gloria

I wish you a speedy recovery and my prayers are with you and the boys

mswings

All our thoughts and prayers to his family. Josh and Jake keep praying and be strong for your dad. You are loved.

Joe

the lack of details does not look good.

hopefully he pulls through.

causeiamok

Well color me surprised.....................

Lynne

Two thoughts:
1. Karma
2. It was only a matter of time...

CriticAl

I thought he retired after his last health scare? Why was he on the boat again? Crazy.

Well, he pushed it too far. I hope it's not life-threatening and he makes a full recovery. He seems like a cool guy on the show.

Nancy

My thoughts and prayers are with you...I watched you all the way through my chemo and you brought me out fine. I'll do the same for you!

cheri

I LOVE PHIL, HE IS MY MOST FAVORITE ON THE WHOLE SHOW. I WISH HIM AND HIS FAMILY THE VERY BEST.

Chris

My thoughts and prayers to the captain and crew of the Cornelia Marie. Love the show, love the boat. Best wishes to a full and speedy recovery Captain Phil.