Conrad Murray Charged in Michael Jackson Death

2/8/2010 4:31 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray has just been charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson.

Conrad Murray

According to the criminal complaint, the D.A. alleges Dr. Murray "did unlawfully, and without malice, kill Michael Joseph Jackson ... in the commission of an unlawful act, not a felony; and in the commission of a lawful act which might have produced death, in an unlawful manner, and without due caution and circumspection."

Dr. Murray will be arraigned today at 1:30 PM. As we first reported, he will plead not guilty.

Dr. Murray is expected to show up at around 1:00 PM, accompanied by his lawyers and a bail bondsman. Bail should be set at $25,000.

Dr. Murray administered Propofol to Jackson just before he died, and the L.A. County Coroner's Office has determined Jackson died as a result of acute Propofol intoxication.

If convicted, Dr. Murray faces a maximum of four years in prison.

melissa

4 years is not enough for him...

uhHuh

JUSTICE SERVED. THANK YOU LOS ANGELES D.A. FOR MAKING A STATEMENT TO ALL PHYSICIANS.

lankandiva

@16. It's all smoke and mirrors...this is just scene of the play. MJ has a lot more in store for those who believe!

Posted at 3:20PM on Feb 8th 2010 by MJLives4ever

Hi there,

i gree with you..been watching the morning news here(australia) and they have been showing quite a bit and discussing the situation,i find it strange how one news panelist kept saying "the "SHOW" continues"..i know its only the beggining...

Cheers..
One L.O.V.E ...Love you Michael Jackson

Dean

Tired to ear about MJ drama. The freak is dead... his music is alive again... but please enough with so much drama. It's time to turn the page over this now. People get a life!

LAURA

Michael got the....DEATH PENALTY....Dr Murray gets 4 yrs? My mother was right....LIFE ISN'T FAIR!

Brianna

OMG HE SHOULD GO TO JAIL BUT I beLIEve ;)

Bullsonparadenyc

Hope he loses his license.

Diane

Four years? For manslaughter? That's justice, California-celeb-style! Misdemeanor...ha! Makes it sound like all Murray did was get caught with a little pot. The judge should have definitely temporarily suspended his license to practice medicine (SOMEONE should have the power to do THAT out there!). I didn't care at all for Jackson, but everyone, even addicts, deserve real justice.

We'll probably find he ends up with 6 month in jail plus time served during his trial and then probation. He can offer his sleep aids as necessary to his fellow inmates!

bart

hope he gets the same verdict oj got!but I bet it would not be from the same jury.if nicole were my daughter i would have got oj at the courthouse steps in front of god and everybody.let the chips fall where they may.do you have the balls?

Carslake

I miss you Michael.. I can't believe still that you're not here.

I'll miss you forever.

R.I.P

SA

ATTENTION MJ FANS****************

PLZ PLZ MJ FANS PROTEST AGAINST CONRAD MURRAY. .
4 years is not a tough enough and acceptable sentence for killing MJ. .
If we STICK TOGETHER then we can get justice. .
PLZ fans do protest like we are planning to in the UK. .
Why is Conrad Murray getting special treatment!?!

Love you MJ and miss you much
& thank you TMZ for regularly updating us with accurate info

THERESA RUBINFIELD

Wouldn't a "3rd Degree Murder" charge have been more appropriate?

"Obviously the "WORDING" of Muraay's charges is why everyone is upset. Why couldn't they use 3rd degree Murder???

"Third degree murder is often referred to as involuntary manslaughter. Involuntary manslaughter is murder that was not intended specifically by the defendant. Criminal negligence is often the precursor to involuntary manslaughter. Reckless use of a motor vehicle, firearms, explosives, animals, medicine, and the like that results in the death of a person falls under this category of murder. Some states also consider it murder to cause or aid another's suicide, or to supply drugs which result in death. "

RECKLESS - SUPPLY DRUGS - DEATH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brenda Beck

I don't care what a patient asks you for, as a doctor you take an oath not to be a drug dealer. Why were the charges only manslaughter when the man administered drugs that were not supposed to be taken out of surgery. Anyone can ask a doctor for anything. I don't care what Michael Jackson ask him for. He violated the oath he took as a doctor. How long will this continue to go go since the 1950's doctors have been getting away with being high priced drug dealers, yes i said it, thats all you are if this applies to you doctors who are out their administering prescription drugs to patients, getting them hooked on drugs to line your pockets (for the love of money).

elkehassell

When it comes to justice for Michael Jackson nothing here surprises me. Eventhough he is dead now he is still being laughed at, ridiculed, unfairly treated. What the hell did he do to you people!!! But spend millions of dollars on underprivileged people. Here we are Dr. Murray "Involuntary manslaughter" how can this be "involuntary" it was him as a Specialist Cardiologist that administered drugs that for one all of them acted the same way i.e. slow down the respiratory system, and topped this all up with a fatal dose of propofol. I am not a doctor but I know that this combination had to be fatal. So there he is strolling in the court house without handcuffs, a minimum bail charge, strolls out of the courthouse and proceeds to practice medicine, in 2005 the picture I saw was Michael Jackson handcuffed, led into the courthouse, bail of millions of dollars, and the whole of America wanting to hang him there and then, for what for bogus charges that ruined his life!!! But hey let the Murder go free and hang the innocent one. Does that not sound familiar somehow, oh yes was it not in the Bible when the lynch crowd shouted "Let Barrabas go free and crucify JESUS"!!! Shame on each and everyone that over the years and still doing it continue to mess up Michael Jackson's character and degrading this human being to nothing!!! But I am a believer that what goes around comes around, God up there is already fed up with the human race that we have turned into and is acting out the punishment already!!! So Why don't we all just stop the crap and start to repent and try and make the world a better place. Will that ever happen, I don't think so not in my lifetime.

skipabeat

Did anyone but me notice that sign said FAMILY DOCTOR???? I thought he was a Cardiologist........... Oh God I love Michael Jackson soooooo much... If I am dillusional I want to stay in this state of mind cause Michael is alive, but I dont think NOPE I KNOW.... Texas draw here I aint dillusional.... I love Michael I love Michael I love Michael I love Michael I love Moichael I love Michael I love Michael.....

Anyone ever hear Michael and his brothers cuttin up and actin silly on Off The Wall when they sang.... Wanna be Starting something...... If you go listen ladies please be advised do not operate heavy machinery or even a scooter........ Michael is SEXY HOT!!!!!! They sound like they are having so much fun too... They are giggling a lot...... They are all JOKERS!!!! I love the Jacksons... Papa Joe, he is a hoot to....

Michael I love you