Conrad Murray Charged in Michael Jackson Death

2/8/2010 4:31 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Dr. Conrad Murray has just been charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson.

Conrad Murray

According to the criminal complaint, the D.A. alleges Dr. Murray "did unlawfully, and without malice, kill Michael Joseph Jackson ... in the commission of an unlawful act, not a felony; and in the commission of a lawful act which might have produced death, in an unlawful manner, and without due caution and circumspection."

Dr. Murray will be arraigned today at 1:30 PM. As we first reported, he will plead not guilty.

Dr. Murray is expected to show up at around 1:00 PM, accompanied by his lawyers and a bail bondsman. Bail should be set at $25,000.

Dr. Murray administered Propofol to Jackson just before he died, and the L.A. County Coroner's Office has determined Jackson died as a result of acute Propofol intoxication.

If convicted, Dr. Murray faces a maximum of four years in prison.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Shaun

Hey OhWell.......
Why are you so against Michael????.
You need to open up ur eyes and realize and research the TRUTH before you start blabbering ur heartless thoughts. Your obviously ignorant and immature to believe everything u read on tmz or other news sources. Hahahahaha ur so naive. Some of the things you say i wudnt even say to an enemy if they had passed.
You obviously wouldnt know the first thing about him, they way you talk bout him. I met Michael when i was about 13, when my little brother was in hospital (which he visits every hospital wherever he went around the world) and thanks to Michael my brother is still alive today because he made sure some of the money he donated went to the surgery that my mum could not afford. He and my mum remained very brief and distant friends. Although i will have that respect for him and love what he did for not just us but the WORLD.... IF U HAVE AT ALL! u need to research Michael a bit better. Because those things u say, ur talking bout the wrong person. If u need links or wateva ill supply them.

Shaun

Hey OhWell and other haters.......
Why are you so against Michael????.

Angela W

The doctor states that Micheal Jackson woke up while he had went to the bathroom and that Micheal self-administered the drug that killed him, but the doctor also states that he was there because Micheal liked someone "activity" around when he would go under with the use Propofol. So the doctor contradicts hisself with this statement! The doctor knew full well the implications of this drug and that it was never intended for such purposes as well as the risk to using it in such an environment. Alot of doctors have "God" complexes and get a way with way too many crimes. Malpractice suites that never hinder a doctor from further practice would kill the future of other health related individuals. It has been this way for years and it really is time for such practices to end just because you have good insurance and good lawyers.

tori

four years isnt longe enough in jail. four years is like a slap on the wrist to me. he killed a man. i can only wonder if it is the first time he has done this sort of thing and it is now just being brought to the publics attention. i think he should have gotten life in prison his killed a person just like you and me. if it was me he woulda be in jail for life plus he should have to pay back to the family of michael jackson for all the medical expenesses that stuff isnt cheap and he caused it all its his fault. i hope he because someones bitch in jail. pardon my french but its how i feel.
good day

rruss

As many drugs MJ had in his house he may have died sooner had Marray not been around. Sure he prescribed the drugs because he knew and MJ told him he would still get them, and he would have. I am the same age as MJ, so I was always a huge fan BUT I am not gonna say murray killed him. MJ was a good man but also a drug addict. With all the drugs he listed half of them would kill him if he had not had a Dr. to stop him. Think logically, not emotionally and you will agree it was just time..even MJ knew it.
Im sure he was depressed as hell and I might have taken all those drugs if I had been him, he looked awful beforehand from all the stress. Skinny, barely any hair, skin & problems from his botched nose. I felt sorry for him, he was too young to die, but I honestly believe Murray was trying to help..he even broke the law with using those drugs to help him. Him in jail won't change or avenge anything. Remember,..none of us really knew MJ, we like to think we do, but we have no Idea.

cheryl martin

Everyone --keep it up;STAY STRONG FOR MICHAEL AND HIS FAMILY!!!We know Michael wanted his mother and children to be taken care of;they deserve all his acomplishments he earned over his career success,but let's do remember that without the perserverance of his father and brothers,he may not have had the push to overcome his shyness and go out on his own to become the amazing person he became??? I LOVE ALL HIS FAMILY-BUT recerve some feelings for Dad's BIG HEAD.!!!!!!!

Katherine Hume

He isn't even a doctor and he shoould get life in prison not 4 years and so should the Media/AEG and Sony also those bastards making money off of a dead Artist. Give the money to children, education. America grow the f- up. Greed is killing all of us. Educate yourselfs. America needs to care.

Doctor list

Thanks for your post.I am much benefited from it.......

sonia downey

A good doctor would have refused to give him this drug - but encouraged him to go for addiction counselling. And I read that while he was dying - he was on the phone with a woman? How can he use the excuse that he's innocent because MJ was ALREADY a physical wreck anyway?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7