'Deadliest Catch' Captain -- Tribute at Sea

2/12/2010 9:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Captain Phil Harris is receiving the most distinguished honor he never wanted to get -- a makeshift memorial at a spot dedicated to great fallen fisherman.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt

Ever since the "Deadliest Catch" star passed away earlier this week -- friends, family and fans have created a shrine in the Skipper's memory at the Seattle Fishermans' Memorial in Washington, just miles from Phil's home.

So far, we're told the family is still working on funeral arrangements.

Captain Phil Harris

rip crab

yeah RIP lets not forget the millions upon millions of innocent sea creatures this old boozer slaughtered and put to death ,,,

Sharon K.Morris

I have always enjoyed watching the show.I love Phil, he was very intriging,hard working family man and a great Captain. I will miss him dearly. I wish I had had the opportunity to meet Phil and his sons,Jake and Josh. My heart goes out to the Family along with my Thoughts and Prayers. May God Bless Sharon

Rich & Susie

I know its been a while but we couldn't find a site to leave a tribute but at last we have..... Deadliest Catch is a fantastic show and huge respect to all the guys who work bringing the crab home for us lard asses. Although we all never really knew Phil Harris we all let him into our homes and he and the other captains are a great role model to todays generation!! We hope Deadliest Catch will continue on and to his boys.... You had a dad to be proud of and we could all see that.

All the very best to all for the 2010 season be safe !!!!!!

Don R. Jones

Captain was a good hard working Man who was very proud of his sons. Rest in peace Captain phil Harris, God bless you.

Ruthanne

Deadliest Catch was such a pleasure to watch, they are all my guys. So enjoyed the banter between them all through thier every day life.I feel like I lost a family member as well. May Captain Phil rest in peace and watch over us all. Will see Captain Phil in my prayers. God Bless to all

Tony A Massey

From one fisherman to another it is always hard to loose someone close especially being with the one you love everyday working or noneworking. I am a trapnet fisherman on the great lakes in michigan an i also fish with my family, my father, brother and nephew. I cannot imagine what it would feel like to loose my father or any other member of our fishing team. I hope you boys of Phils will do him proud by continuing the family tradition and CATCH EM BIG for the big guy as i will be watching the show every week as i always do. Good luck gentlemen from DON MASSEY AND SONS FISH CO.

omar

i cant belive he died broo he was my favorite i which i had a father like him he show his kids a lot .....RIP CAPTAIN AND GOD BLESS YOUR FAMILY.....

Ray W,

Phil was a great man and when he passes away i felt like he was a part of my family. May he r.i.p. You were a great captain and father!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3