Marie Osmond 'Devastated' Over Son's Suicide

2/27/2010 6:37 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Marie OsmondA rep for Marie Osmond just released this statement on Marie's behalf:

"My family and I are devastated and in deep shock by the tragic loss of our dear Michael and ask that everyone respect our privacy during this difficult time."

Marie's son, Michael Blosil, was found dead this morning after he jumped off his apartment building in downtown Los Angeles.

Eric

He was Donny and Marie's love child.

get better J.C

number 17...he probably was they are wayyyyy to close

that.is.all

2 opionated

doesn't matter, Marie answered and expanded on this poor young kids depression

the beginning of his end, IMO

2opinionated

How in the world can anyone make the claim that no one in the family tried to talk to Michael? Do you know that? How dare you make such a derogatory statement without proof. Suicide happens. Suicide is the third highest cause of teenage death. Parents who have done everything also have children who commit suicide, become alcoholics, or drug addicts. Depression is a disease. Rather than being judgmental and accusatory, show compassion. I pray you never have to suffer any of the pain this family must be feeling right now.

get better J.C

15. Marie had no idea Larry King was going to ask her about her son. She was caught totally by surprise. As for talking to People, her rep. released a statement. It is very important for this to happen to prevent too much inaccurate speculation and information to be released to the public. If you read the comment threads, it is very obvious how quickly fallacious statements are posted and accepted as truths. My hearts breaks for this family, and I cannot imagine their pain.

Posted at 4:55PM on Feb 27th 2010 by 2opinionated

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/27/marie-osmond-devastated-son-suicide/#comments#ixzz0gkx87Xaz

DO YOU REALLY THINK HER REP WOULD RELEASE A STATEMENT WITHOUT TALKING TO HER FIRST. A REAL MOM WOULD SAY "LEAVE ME ALONE I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE MEDIA OR THOSE STUPID SHOWS I DO, I JUST LOST MY SON AND THERE IS NO COMMENT. BUT NO NOT HER, WHY PISS OF "THE INSIDER" RIGHT? DISGUSTING

tia

SAD...I am so sorry for your loss, Marie. May God bless you and your family during this very tragic time. May Micheal find peace and may the Lord ...

that.is.all

2 opinionated
JUST STFU
all good parents go on Larry King and discuss a vulnerable 16 year olds depression.

NOT

SHUT UP

get better J.C

19. 2 opionated

doesn't matter, Marie answered and expanded on this poor young kids depression

the beginning of his end, IMO

Posted at 5:00PM on Feb 27th 2010 by FK MARIE

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/27/marie-osmond-devastated-son-suicide/2#c25824684#ixzz0gkxkgMli

EXACTLY...AGREE COMPLETELY!!!

Jezzy

Diet starts monday!

get better J.C

Posted at 5:03PM on Feb 27th 2010 by OH PLEASE

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/27/marie-osmond-devastated-son-suicide/2#c25824697#ixzz0gkyGBlbv

Christnina

Most of you people make me sick.... Someone died in a tragic way... felling like there was nothing left for him...
It's sad
It's also sad that people think this is the perfect time to attach her and her family.
Suicide in familie's isn't new and happens to good familie's all the time. Some people just don't tell anyone.
And kids isolate themselves from their familie's all the time and pretend everything is okay when they do talk with them. If ANY parent knew their child was going to commit suicide not one wouldn't try to prevent it.To think other wise just makes you look like an idiot and shows just one of the many problems you have.

LH

Working mothers! Career mothers! Do you know where your kid(s) is/are? Babies and toddlers need their mothers not nannies and daycare centers. There are many depressed children around because of their parents and caregivers pursuing the almighty $$$ instead of nurturing a vulnerable child. Don't bring children into this World if you can't commit to being a hands on parent. Surgical sterilization is relatively painless and the mature choice for responsible adults.

Chet

Dearest God take this young man in your loving arms and lift the Osmond family with comfort and understanding... Michael R.I.P. and God Bless You! Amen

unbelievable

Stop the hateful and hurtful comments.
Report them to TMZ.

This has gotten completely out of hand.

For those of you posting ignorant comments - please step away from the computer until you can act rationally or at least find something else to do.

There is no reason to cause this family anymore pain!

Tami D

we will pray for you and your family. I also suffer from depression. My family support is all that keeps me on this earth.