Marie Osmond's Son Commits Suicide

2/27/2010 4:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Marie OsmondMarie Osmond's teenage son committed suicide last night, this according to law enforcement.

Michael Blosil, one of Osmond's eight children, jumped from his downtown Los Angeles apartment building.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Michael left behind a note that said he intended to commit suicide due to a life-long battle with depression.

An autopsy will be performed and toxicology tests will be taken.

Donny Osmond released a statement that says: "Please pray for my sister and her family."

Donny and Marie canceled their show at the Flamingo Las Vegas tonight.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Bobo Frog

He gets it from his mother. I saw his Mom doing a guest satellite appearance on the Dr. Oz show the other day...and the first thing that came to mind was that she still looks unstable....this incident isn't going to help that any....

ilove95037

There is absolutely NOTHING sadder than suicide. Suicidal people have no idea how much they hurt their loved ones when they opt to end their lives.

Kena

So sad.

that.is.all

no comment

maria

So sad!!!!

Ethan

Testing.

ltlmstrblmkr

not to be too crass, but is this the same son she drones on about that 'begged' her to 'get healthy,be here for your family'etc.? That'd be alil weird.....
Apparently he didn't follow the koenig story.....?

a fan

What an awful way to die! How tragic. I feel so sorry for her. It is just devastating. It is so wrong to push children into show business. That is what happened to Marie and Michael Jackson and their siblings. I worry about MJ's kids when they grow up and realize how cruelly the world treated their dad. The world made his life a living hell.

that.is.all

Am I shocked? NO

Sorry for this kid.

Marie is the most obnoxious Osmond out there.

Dee

I am so sorry, my heart aches for her,. It's rough for any mother that loses a child. my prayers are with the family

Robyn

Of course the evil freaks come on here and find joy in this woman losing her son. I feel sorry for anyone who loses their child to suicide. Praying for the Osmonds.

PJ

SO sad...this gene was definitely passed on in the family..with her own issues..eight kids,,,her career..did he really have a chance?

evi

#9 why don't you just go ahead and end yours? Your are a dispicable person without any soul if that is what is in your heart your mother did a very poor job raising you.

Grace

and her other daughter is a lesbian, how the Mormon church must weep that their #1 family is so f'd up...

The son though he had no other choices, that's the sad part, he couldn't turn to his parents or church - that's a crime. I weep for the boy, not the parents.

sierrarose

tmz-you really need to hire someone to keep the trolls off your board. regardless of what someone may think of marie osmond, this is a tragic loss and devastating for the whole family. my condolences to marie and the rest of her family.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments