Marie Osmond's Son Commits Suicide

2/27/2010 4:34 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Marie OsmondMarie Osmond's teenage son committed suicide last night, this according to law enforcement.

Michael Blosil, one of Osmond's eight children, jumped from his downtown Los Angeles apartment building.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Michael left behind a note that said he intended to commit suicide due to a life-long battle with depression.

An autopsy will be performed and toxicology tests will be taken.

Donny Osmond released a statement that says: "Please pray for my sister and her family."

Donny and Marie canceled their show at the Flamingo Las Vegas tonight.

Alyna

some people on here are being complete jerks about this situation, but think about this...if it was YOUR child or anyone in your family you wouldn't be acting the way you are now would you? No. My prayers go out to the family. RIP.

becki s

He was an adopted child and no matter how rich or successful the family you are placed with you always have to live a paralell life in your mind of what would my fantasy life be like with my real mom and dad?
People raised in natural families cannot understand it.
Not all adopted people can handle it.
So sad

Sunny

C'mon, people, please stop with the hateful comments. If you've ever loved someone who has died, remember the sadness you felt at that time and allow some compassion into your hearts. I'm sending the Osmond family good thoughts and prayers.

Ace

I'm so sorry to hear this, & my prayers go out to Marie & her whole family. Every one of the Osmonds I've met has been a polite & charming person. The snarky crap people have been posting here just shows how lowlife they are, and class people like Marie will rise above it.

Our prayers are with you Marie.

that.is.all

becki s

so very true

Rachel

Geez, aren't some of you being a bit cruel? Regardless of whether this woman has had Botox, or likes being in the public eye, she is a mother who just lost her son. Being kind costs you nothing, people.

South Beach

To lose a child in a situation where their death was not the goal would be horrifying enough, but as a parent, to love your child more than your own life, have have them end theirs because they feel valueless and unloved?

Don't know how I'd keep going.

Joseph Edo, Jr.

She should have seen the signs. Marie should have spent less time trying to be in front of the camera. Could have & should have checked on all her kids. Not to worry, doesn't she have seven (7) more kids?

Jessica

So sad, but I can't understand how someone could be so depressed that they would actually kill themselves. I mean, I know it happens...but I don't get it. Especially to jump out of a damn building and hit the ground. Geez, talk about depression!!!

Lola

What do you mean, he couldn't turn to his mother? Why not? She seems to be very supportive of her eight children. Some are her natural children and some are adopted.

One of her daughters just came out as a lesbian and Marie announced her support for her daughter. This boy who committed suicide is the son of Marie's first husband, some basketball player, who cheated on her, resulting in their divorce. I've never even heard what part he has played in the lives of their children, and they have several.

Perhaps the boy needed the support and guidance from his FATHER. You act as if Marie had him all by herself. I know she financially supports her whole family. What you call her obnoxious behavior is her effort to support them all. You think she gets much of the money she makes? I doubt it. I'm sure most of it goes into supporting her large family of children.

The Osmonds are a pretty low key family overall. If people here say they don't like them, that is just some weird, warped prejudice on your part. Name examples of why you hate them.

I think that teenaged boy should have been in college and working. Idle hands cause too much depression in young people.

that.is.all

So he committed suicide last night and Marie has already interviewed with People Magazine and the Insider...WTF?

JUST
WHAT
THE
FKKKKKKKK

moi

As a mom I can't imagine anything more horrible than losing your child-my heart goes out to Marie and her family.

Lola

I didn't hear any criticism of how horrible the parents are of Andrew Koenig, who just committed suicide, after suffering from depression and a very weird lifestyle for 40 years. I haven't heard one word blaming his mother or father.

The fact is that Andrew was estranged from his mother, not speaking to her. It must be her fault that he killed himself.

And it is probably Andrew's fault that Marie's son committed suicide. He acted as a role model for him. He copied him. How do we know that he didn't? Suicides are frequently epidemic in young people.

YOUCH

I don't know any Osmonds but feel sorrow for their loss. The pain of suicide is incomprehensable.

TO THE IDIOTS WHO THINK IT IS FUNNY, KARMA BABY!!

Terri

Oh how devastating. My thoughts and prayers are with the family during this tragic time.