DMX to Party (Up In Church)

3/2/2010 2:04 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

DMX is putting on a "gospel rap extravaganza" at a high school next weekend ... provided he doesn't get arrested in the next four days.

DMX

TMZ has learned the oft-incarcerated rapper, real name Earl Simmons, agreed to perform at the Morning Star Sanctified Church for a fundraiser this Saturday -- and he's doing it for free.

According to Pastor Barbara King, DMX and his family have been members of the congregation for eight months now and he really wanted to help raise money for repairs.

We're told the school holding the event is amping up security because they're unsure of what kind of crowd the convicted felon will draw. Tickets are going from $35-$40 a pop.

FYI -- We're also told DMX doesn't swear anymore ... so we have absolutely no idea what he's going to perform.

UPDATE: DMX tells TMZ, "This is an opportunity for me to use my gifts to benefit a good cause. My music offers hope! God has been good to me!"

Amen.

Fan

No, they did NOT misspell the word.

They were indicating that meatless pizza will be served, and lots of it!

Get it? Get it?

Extra Vegan Za!

o rly

He's been religious (often preaching or using spoken work instead of rapping) for years now. He still performs his older (sometimes vulgar) hits to make money, of course.

Chris

I just want to clear a few things up.... First let it be known that I am a Christian and do not condone the past actions of DMX; I do, however, believe that he is trying to make a change in his life. He is dealing with A LOT of demons in his life and is surrounded by all the wrong people making it nearly impossible to escape his past. I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with him on Fiesta Bowl night and he was a perfect gentlemen. He is down to earth and is nothing like you would imagine. I also attended this event hoping to see him again and give him a word of encouragement. I was able to talk to him briefly and he admitted to me that he was struggling with a few things but that God would give him the strength to get through it. I have been praying for him and will continue to do so. I feel bad for him... no pity just plain think he is a good guy in a bad situation. Remember you are only human and in Gods eyes no better then he is. Instead of slandering him,.... lift him up in prayer. God bless him and his family.

Victoria Brooks

all you silly people that sit back and judge d.m.x are going to hell, god said touch not his annointance, if all of you were in church your own selves, you wouldn't sit back and feed off d.m.x on negative talk. That's my brother through christ jesus him self. get a life of your own and sweep around your own front door before judging someone else on what their doing in there life. If you all had better sence you would pray for the brother not trying to drag him down amen For that one individual who ask if he was a crack head how would you feel if someone down talked about your mother or father? that's so wrong pray cause time is winding and when god comes back home we will be the one's crying for you because your souls are so lost.

Victoria Brooks

Bridget Aforo

Leave him alone , it's good that he wants to spread God's word.
You should pray for him illuminati trynna kill him
but Jesus is lord !!