Corey on Corey: Don't Jump to Conclusions

3/10/2010 9:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey Feldman wants people to "stop jumping the gun" by saying Corey Haim died from an drug overdose -- because until the coroner's report comes out, "nobody knows" what really caused his death.

Corey Feldman
Feldman was on "Larry King Live" tonight, where he called Haim his "best friend."

Feldman went on to say Haim had a "long and detailed drug history and battled addiction for many, many years" -- but said Haim had been "in the best frame of mind that he's ever been in" leading up to his death.

Michele

I watched this interview, and as much as think that Corey Feldman was sincere about his friend, I do have a problem with him saying that others that are coming out now should've been there for Haim. I've had friends who were drug addicts, and gave so much to them...only to be treated pretty badly by them as they battled their addictions. There's only so many chances and opportunities you can give someone like that. Most don't want help from anyone. A lot of them don't want to be with others. I'm thinking that Haim's family and friends tried to be there for him and gave him tons of opportunities, and got tired after awhile. They have their own lives to live, with careers and family. They can't be babysitting an adult drug addict. And for Feldman to say that Haim had to live in an apartment with his mom with no car...well, I'd say Haim had far more opportunities and more money than the average non-celebrity and he lost it by his own choices. Many non-celebrities go through this everyday. It's called the real world. Maybe Haim could've got a real job outside of the entertainment industry to live a better lifestyle.

King

The 4 Rx bottles on Haim's night table were prescribed by an "addictionologist" he was seeing; one was apparently for Vicodin.

krystalroz

For many reasons, I cant stand Corey Feldman, but for once, he said something that actually made sense.

Chenoa

COREY F., I DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS ABOUT YOU...YOU ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING BY SPEAKING OUT FOR HIS MOTHER BECAUSE OF HER HEALTH ISSUES RIGHT NOW. YOU KNOW THIS FAMILY BETTER THAN ANYONE, KNEW COREY H. BETTER THAN ANYONE, SO DON'T LISTEN TO THE HATERS.
I AGREE WITH MOST OF YOUR POINTS, TOO. DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO YOU AND COREY'S MOM RIGHT NOW.

wytchywoman2008

Yes, please...for the love of all that is good and holy, please someone push Feldman down and cut that forward-facing rat's tail OFF!!! Now, having got that off my chest...My condolences to Corey Haim's family and friends. I remember on "The Two Corey's" when Haim saw a doctor and was told about his bad heart. Plus, there are some similarities in the fact that both he and Brittany Murphy suffered from "flu-like" symptoms shortly before their death. I actually would not be surprised to find out it was Not a drug overdose that took Haim, but perhaps a heart made weak by too many years of abusing drugs. Either way, it's sad news indeed. :(

Ziggy

He did a great interview on Larry King. I was impressed and you can tell he really loved Corey Haim like a brother. Corey said one thing correct about the people on TMZ, there's a lot of hatred and jealousy going around. Why kick someone when they're down?

Bart

Hey Corey (the one that's alive) this may come as a shock, but nobody cares about you either. I always thought both of you were a couple of boobs that thought way too much of themselves. Another shocker, yall weren't that cool. Oh and get a haircut fool.

Eve

It's sad news about Corey Haim, "Lost Boys" was AMAZING! I'm sorry for Feldman's loss, but Feldman need to get a grip on reality and STAY AWAY from drugs. We have all know what can happen.

Feldman, needs his own individual style. What's with the dark glasses and hair? Wake up Feldman you're NOT MJ, besides where were you when MJ needed you? Oh yeah, I remember to SOLD MJ down the river!

YOU NEED TO GROW UP FELDMAN!

HUFFYONE

YEAH! will someone get a hold of Feldman and tell him what a dipstick he looks like with the 80s hair don't!!!

KarenM

Haim was always one of my favorite kids actors. Lost Boys is one of my favorite movies, just an amazing movie.
So sad over all these years that he couldn't get it together. What he could have been.
So sad too that so many seem to die when they apparantly were, or were trying to get it together.
There has always been something 'rat' like about Feldman to me. Maybe that rat tail on his face fits.
I really try to see the good in people, but as I watched the LK interview, I mostly saw someone wording most things in a way of inserting himself in a relevant way and taking the opportunity to make himself relevant again.
There's just always been something phony or wanna be about him to me.

Me@home

Corey Feldman is also a washed up actor who needs to find a job doing something other than trying to cash in on his best friends death. CF hasn't seen this much on screen time in - EVER.

Me@home

4 prescription bottles in the home of an addict??? Is that smart? Why even bring it in to the house? So many common sense questions.

tacky66

look it, people always knock down people when they are at their lowest, that is human nature such as it is; however, all these drug addicts movie stars or otherwise, need to take responsibility of their own addiction, that is the way i see it, cold as it may sound.

tacky66

it is true, if they were such good friends, and corey' mom moved in with him, why didn't he own a car? and why didn't corey feldman help out his best friends loaning him money for a car at the very least, right or wrong? ps corey feldman managed to have his clothes and hair just perfect, a photo opt for him and free advertisement for him.

marge

The two Corey's have been BFF's for decades. I hope Feldman is coping with this in a safe and healthy manner. People should really be supporting him now more than ever.