Corey Haim -- Vicodin, Valium, Soma Found

3/11/2010 8:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the 4 pill bottles found in the apartment where Corey Haim collapsed yesterday included the generic versions of Vicodin and Valium ... and the same doctor prescribed all 4 powerful meds just days before Haim died.

Law enforcement sources tell us the pill bottles retrieved in the apartment of Haim's mother are hydrocodone (Vicodin), diazepam (Valium), haloperidol (an antipsychotic med) and Soma (a muscle relaxer).

We're told all 4 meds were prescribed by a prominent Los Angeles psychiatrist. Sources say all 4 meds were prescribed the same day -- several days before Haim died.

Matt and Levi's Trip to the Zoo!

Matthew McConaughey and his son Levi took a special trip to the Central Park Zoo -- Check out Levi's day with Dad!

Alexander McQueen's Final Collection

Fashion visionary Alexander McQueen's final, uncompleted 16 piece collection debuted at Paris Fashion Week.

With a somber atmosphere set to operatic music, the line was only shown Tuesday to a small crowd of elite fashion editors.

McQueen died February 11.

Color Me Bad

Can you guess which celebrities took their hair color to a whole new level?

Celebrity Hair Color

Fun With Faces

Sometimes celebs drop the glam and go with goofy -- check out which stars went a little wacky!

Funny Faces

Celebrity Side Eye

There is no sneakin' up on these stars -- see which stars are watching their own back!

Cindy

When are these doctors going to be held liable for overmedicating these people in Hollywood?

Maria

It's sad that this fashion designer died (or committed suicide?) but those have got to be the ugliest clothes I have ever seen!

reader

When are patients going to be responsible for taking thier meds correctly.

gs

sounds like a god way to go out

Granny Moo

"..alledged theory" ... puhleeeeze. This boy is gone; let the family grieve in peace.

alledged theory. that's a new one!!! even for AOL

be free

I agree with "reader." The doctor is not responsible for his death. Pill-poppers, know exactly what the risks are. He could have gotten those pills off the street, anyway. If that were the case, would the drug dealer be to blame for his death? I don't think so. Are grocery stores to blame if you consume deadly amounts of bleach or booze? I loved his movies. I'm an 80's kid. Patients need to be responsible for taking thier meds correctly. RIP Corey Haim.

TK

yes.. the Dr.s should not be giving these meds like this... BUT nobody twisted this guys arm to take them either. If these drug addicts dont get it from one Dr. they will get it from another and another and another........ the same thing happened to a friend of mines girlfriend. Her dresser drawer was filled to the top with all kinds of drugs. when she got in her car to go to the grocery store she was so doped up she died in the parking lot with a morphine stick hanging out of her mouth. The Dr. is now in jail, but these ppl need to take responsibility for their own lives and actions.

tennwilliams

I agree with both number 1 and number 2. Doctors are far too quick to medicate patients, especially when the patient is pulling out all the stops to get the pills. I work with 2 doctors, and they have both admitted that sometimes they just prescribe the meds to shut the patient up and get them out of the office. I know, it's sad. I also have issues with patients self-dosing. This also happens too often. Patients will increase, decrease or stop taking meds all together without consulting doctors.

Dee

Population Control!

Michele

I've known patients that come to the Drs. office I worked in, that took all that stuff for back injuries, or whatever, but didn't 'abusr' the meds. There is a difference in use, and abuse. The abusers sell them on the streets, or where ever, take too many, and make it look bad for the people that really need them. Most of the Doctors prescribe the amount needed, and write the script. They don't write "take as many combination of pills as possible, without slipping into a coma, and sell the rest for 3-4, dollars apiece to friends, and/or drug addicts." They don't say or write, take 15 pills po, as needed for a 'buzz' or when partying. Ultimately, it's the patients responsibility to decide whether or not, they are going to abuse the drug, break the law by selling them, or dying from an overdose. Doctors work hard to get their liscence, and don't want to lose it because of some 'depressed' drug addict, with a problem, or someone wanting to make money on the side.Be responsibe. Just say no, or enter re-hab. Don't DIE !

travib

I am thirty seven and I pretty much grew up with this guy. I was shocked to find myself moved nearly to tears by this loss, after all the stars I have seen fade. It is hard to picture someone with so much would make these choices,but I guess when a "doctor" gives you your drugs you tend to think it's safe to take them. Having said that I do understand Mr. Haim was not an ignorant person. He was just weak and vulnarable like all of us are in our own way. Talk about a f***** up health care system,the doctors are drug pushers. R.I.P. Corey Haim another victim.

OldTimer

I believe he died from something other than a drug overdose, perhaps heart or liver? I heard it said that he took over 80....EIGHTY pills each day when he was abusing way back when. I seriously believe that over time these pills may have caused something in his body to fail, but I am not thinking overdose for some reason.
My thoughts go out to all his family and friends in this time of sorrow.

Sarah

A good doctor will see that you are an addict if told the truth by the patient. The problem is that the patients lie and tell the doctor they are taking 3 vicodin a day, when in fact, they are taking 30. If you say you are drinking 2 drinks a day, the doctor knows it's really 4. And the same goes with the pills. The problem is the patients doctor shop. They go doctor to doctor and get the same pills from 3 different doctors, so when it looks like they are being prescribed a normal amount for pain, they are taking an addicts amount. These patients make up pain that doesn't even exist. My spouse is a doctor and I've heard all the stories. They have pain when he knows it's b.s. He only gives stuff like vicodin without bothering to tell them to get treatment, or refuse to give it to them if they are an addict only if they are like 85 years old or older. Then he doesn't care cuz they're too old to be bothered about. But Corey Haim I do feel sorry for cuz he was molested as a kid and that sucks badly. Some dude in Hollywood molested him when he was like 13 and that had to be why he turned to drugs. How would you like it if that happened to you from some guy and you were a straight guy/kid? Horrible.

travib

I would like to hear why the "doctor" thaught a thirty something actor would need all these pills. Did he have an accident or something why is he on pain pills? It is absurd, like MJ taking anesthesia at home WTF? and I say again, WTF?

malissa

none of the bottles were empty and none had a bunch missing from per the news this morning

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments