Seinfeld on 'SNL' -- Atonement for 'Marriage Ref'

3/14/2010 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jerry Seinfeld dropped by "Saturday Night Live" last night in an attempt to make up for the train wreck that is "The Marriage Ref."

He was awesome -- but it's gonna take more than a three-minute "SNL" cameo to get rid of that "Ref" stench.

brownebb

You're all taking it whey too seriously...my husband and i 'belly' laugh thru much of the shows. The couples picked just demonstrate extremes of our own traits.

King

Seinfeld became completely irrelevent when he got married and had kids. We don't care about your "my wife" and "being a father" schtick, Jerry. All you're suceeding at today is proving that Larry David was the entire brains behind Seinfeld—you were just his front man, his talking meat puppet. Go home to your mansion and consider yourself lucky that it took so long for the public to figure it out. (And say hi to Billy Joel.)

grossed out.

The Marriage Ref is funny, and Jerry Seinfeld still is too! What wasn't funny, however, was Madonna on the Marriage Ref. What an effing bitch. Larry David showed great restraint dealing with her. Too bad her snottiness tarnished this week's episode.

sharyllee

Get out, Jerry!!!! I enjoyed Jude on SNL!!

Reta

I love The Marraige Ref!!! It actually makes me laugh out loud and I record it so I can go back over things that are particularly great. Loved the wierd couple with the lizaed problem! And the host is a really funny comedian. I love how they crack each other up, and love all the guest judges they have had so far. Madonna actuallt made me like her more after watching her being spontaneous. I usually don't care for her. I love the show and hope it stays.

julie

the thing that is wrong with his show is the host. He is such a jerry wannabe. Holy Cow, the show is a funny concept, great AND funny guests, but the host? I cant listen to that knock of Jerry voice, it's super annyoing.

LongJohn69

NOTHING can kill the stench of "Marriage Ref".

Kaya

I don't care for Jerry to much. But, I really like the Marriage Ref. It's funny to see other couples fight over stupid stuff too. So far it's had good celebrities. If that goes downhill then the show probably will too but for now, I like it.

Nancy

The marriage ref is AWFUL.

Darlene

I really like the Marriage Ref. I saw it 2x's and laughed a lot. Ricky Gervais is sick funny and Larry David was too. Didnt enjoy Madonna too much, she looked too uptight to hang with comidians. Kelly Ripa was funny and so was Eva Longoria who was also adorable. I like the host too. I say keep it on!

Heene

I was wondering why every doucebag in the world was doing that "really" gimmick. I guess it's some lame bit they do on SNL, you steal your comedic lines from SNL, really? Really?

Ashley

I love the show its funny and i love the guest. n the host is just so funny but i think is gay deep down n inside but thats other story . I'M A FAN so far

MinnesotaNice

I actually like that show! Not sure what you guys are smoking over at TMZ but clearly you aren't viewing the same stuff we are on TV.

DisgustED

I wish I could love The Marriage Ref, and I wish I could love the SNL skit "Really?", but I can't. I used to be a HUGE Seinfeld fan. I loved that show for so many years, and even bought every episode on DVD (I hardly own any DVDs). The premise of Marriage Ref is good, but for some reason, I cannot stand the show. To me, it is just stupid to watch. The fake humor from the celebs, and the host's apprehension or timing or something. The "Really?" skit wasn't all that, either. Sometimes that was funny with Amy Poehler, but mostly not. I just am a greatly disappointed former Seinfeld fan.

kelly

Jerry S., it turns out, is not fast thinking or quick witted, even actors-not comedians- are funnier than him. His tv show ,years back was great, though, and he is a really rich man who can ejnoy his life, so,kudos for that.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments