'Columbo' Star - They Falked Up My House

3/19/2010 4:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Peter Falk has rich people's problems -- he claims a construction company did a lousy job on his Malibu remodel and wants some serious money.

According to a lawsuit obtained by TMZ, Falk and his wife hired Handy Andy Services to spruce up their beach pad. Falk claims, among other things, Handy Andy didn't pack the soil properly, didn't apply the proper paint, didn't re-install fire sprinklers, and didn't waterproof the house.

Peter and his wife are suing for unspecified damages.

A rep for the construction company tells TMZ, "This is slanderous to our company's name ... they still owe us $120,000. Falk's wife fired us after we refused to do electrical work outside in the rain."

jdohe

Dementia hasn't stopped Larry King from doing his show.
Something that I don't get is that the HandyAndy company says that the Falk's still owe them $150,000. That is a considerable amount of work. Also, did they get paid some money already and there is still $150,000 to collect? Usually in this type of work, the total job is broken up into phases in which each phase is paid for upfront, or immediately upon completion. It sounds like quite a bit of work was completed on several different things. If the Falks had a complaint about their work, they should have said something EARLIER. From what I understand, Peter understands that he has dementia and allows his overbearing wife and succubus daughter run (ruin) his life. He didn't get along with his daughter even before his dementia. He wouldn't allow her on the set when he was doing Columbo.

Meanwhile in other news: Tiger Woods wife has left him AGAIN 2 days ago after the text messages from his cell phone from ONE of his mistresses were released. There are some other text messages floating around out there also, and they haven't even touched the gay sex part of this story.

Eileen Gatti

Doesn't he have Alzheimer's? I remember seeing that on TMZ a few years ago - he was wandering around aimlessly in BevHills or somewhere. I hope he's o.k. He's adorable.

Darlene

Good luck on getting it!!!

Alan

Falk Peter and his wife. I guess they have nothing else to do.

justSAYIN

Who Falking cares?!?

Jerry Martin

Slow news day? don't worry. Some famous moron will die or get caught cheating in the next couple of days.

James

That's what you get when you hire a company called Handy Andy.
F**ck rich people, not Falk em F**k em.

G Meyer

I do not see any Handy Andy Services in the Malibu area. Are they licensed Harvey?

KennyP

I thought that he suffered from dementia.

Mariah

TMZ, I think you mean Peter Falk's wife is suing, not Peter Falk AND his wife...much has been spoken of his rather advanced dementia/Alzheimer's. Also the lawsuit from his daughter vs. wife over his care. I highly doubt he has noticed what has been fixed or not fixed around the house...

sparkys nemesis

Thought he was dead??

deborah vanhuysen

ya get what ya pay for!!!! the problem with the rich is that they are cheap!!!i know this for a fact!!!they want everything for cheap or for free!!! want a job done right?PAY THE PEOPLE A FAIR PRICE!!!

JustInTime

That headline is priceless, love it.

UGGGGHHH

I thought Peter Falk he had alzheimers ?

RDP

I'm a fan of TMZ, but am often surprised when they do not seem to be aware of what seems to be common knowledge about celebrities that they write about. I too have read often about Mr. Falk's Alzheimers condition, but this story makes it sound like he is actively involved in this situation.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments