Doctors Subpoenaed for Corey Haim's Rx

3/24/2010 7:19 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Corey Haim's RxApproximately 20 doctors received subpoenas yesterday in connection with the Corey Haim death investigation ... law enforcement tells TMZ.

The names of the doctors appear on various prescriptions written for Haim.

We've learned the doctors are from L.A., Orange and Ventura counties ... all in Southern California.

The L.A. County Coroner's Office served the subpoenas -- investigators want to review medical records to review treatment and prescriptions.

Law enforcement tells TMZ seven of the doctors say they never saw Corey Haim or prescribed medications for him. Investigators believe the prescriptions for the seven docs may be linked to the fraudulent prescription ring currently under investigation by the State Attorney General.

And, we've learned, 2 - 3 more doctors in the Haim investigation will be subpoenaed by week's end.

Sasher

Do doctors make errors? Of course they do. Yet, why are they attacked when what they give to patients doesn't work out right? Drugs don't equal death.
A doctor has the obligation to keep people from getting the wrong drug when the drug they need is not the right one. As long as the doctor keeps the patients from doing that then the doctor has done his or her job.
We need to all keep this in mind lest we forget what we came to the doctor to get for our health.

DianaYes

edge70...i have plenty perspective and it makes me sad that just as he was getting his life back together he didnt make it...i dont care for celebrities...from what I knew of Corey he was a genuinely good good with troubles. Obviously you are one of those judgmental types who dont understand falling on bad times,addiction or mental health issues in which case there is no further point in speaking :)

Mary

It's so amazing they can investigate so many
doctor"s in Corey death, but only investigate one in Michael Jackson death.Could it been
because he was Afro American, HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Mary

It's so amazing they can investigate so many
because he was Afro American, HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

angel46

No wonder he didn't have much money left when he died.

edge70

Well yeah, I guess he "fell on bad times" for about twenty straight years. My bad.

Belladonna

UMM, can I get one of the Dr. numbers?? I have a little pain. I never abuse prescription pills.....I love every one I take!

Patty

I'm tired of people who are abusing painkillers and dying because of it. They are a huge reason why us people who really have chronic major pain problems ( myself w/migraines) can't get proper pain management.

edge70

Hey deedee, unless you knew him personally I cant for the life of me understand how u could really be that upset. Take a look around at the kids in Haiti or countless other situations going on in the world that deserve our attention. A movie star that had countless chances and did nothing but keep pissing it away? Come on,rent some perspective.

jerry

WHO IS PAYING FOR ALL THIS INVESTIGATION? Thanks Cory for being a druggie and causing more tax payer money out the door...

Robyn

Good! They need to start looking into these things. The doctors are being irresponsible.

Kathryn

Leave the doctors alone. Its junkies like this that make it hard for people with actual need for pain medication to get it. Its personal responsibility that's lacking in this country. Stop blaming everyone but the person themselves. Corey's the one who put the pills down his throat and I know why. His mother sucked the life out of him. Why in the Hell was he always paying HER bills? The guy's in a much better place, believe me. R.I.P., Corey!

tattoos fail

does it really matter that this druggy douchebag is gone? holding anyone other than the douchebag himself responsible is just a plain joke!

DianaYes

And yes, to edge 70 the bartender is to blame sometimes. If a doctor did actually prescribe him 4 different strong medications at 1 appointment (like I read) it is irresponsible and the doctor is clearly incompetenet. Especially with knowing someones' history. I am not a celebrity in Los Angeles and even here where I live I go to a doctor sometimes and they dont even ask me what else I am taking, any allergies, heart conditions, NOTHING. Sometimes they dont even look at me and just start writing me a prescription. uhh Im just really upset about his death :(

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments