Sheridan: 'Housewives' Creator Attacked Me

4/6/2010 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicollette Sheridan has sued Marc Cherry, the creator of "Desperate Housewives," alleging he struck her across the head and face on the set, and after she complained he fired her.

In the legal papers, obtained by TMZ, Nicollette is suing for assault and battery, gender violence and wrongful termination.

Sheridan is suing for more than $20 million.

In the lawsuit, Sheridan claims Cherry created a hostile work environment from the get go, "behaving in an extremely abusive and aggressive manner toward the individuals who work on the show."

Sheridan says during the 5th season, Cherry put her in his crosshairs. She claims on September 24, 2008, he physically assaulted her after she questioned him about something in the script. According to the lawsuit, "Cherry took her aside and forcefully hit her with his hand across her face and head."

According to the suit, after the alleged incident, Cherry went to her trailer to "beg forgiveness."

Sheridan says she immediately reported the incident to ABC, but Cherry's aggressiveness only worsened and ABC failed to take action.

And get this ... The suit alleges when Cherry found out Teri Hatcher went above his head to complain about him, he said, "I hope Teri Hatcher gets hit by a car and dies."

And, she says, she was killed off the show unfairly.

UPDATE: ABC tells the L.A. Times "While we have yet to see the actual complaint, we investigated similar claims made by Ms. Sheridan last year and found them to be without merit."

victorio

YES,NICHOLETTE,He has no right to put he,s hands on you or any other women on the working for him . put don,t leave out ABC put tham in your LAWSUIT hopfully they will learn he well hit street,GOOD LUCK&may GOD bewith you.

willshak

I liked both Sheridan and Hatcher.
If I had my choice of wives among the 5 characters (not the actresses), they would be, in order:
1. Lynette Scavo. She is pretty, funny, and the most stable of the female characters.
2. Susan Mayer. Pretty, but accident prone, and a ditz, but lovable.
3. Edie Britt. Pretty. She's a lost soul. looking for love in all the wrong places.
4. Brie Van de Kamp (Hodge). Pretty, but a control freak and too rigid. Her name reminds me of cheese and baked beans.
5. Gabrielle Solis. Pretty, but a tramp. (sorry, Eva).

SparkyinSFO

She was written out because she was too old for her part. Period. End of story. Now she's looking at Marc Cherry as her personal 401(k). Uh-uh. With the bunch of cats that appear on this show, don't you think someone else would have spilled this story long ago?

joan

I believe Miss Sheridan. Most of those TV exec's are cut-throats, only interested in getting up on stage to get their Emmy, then babbling on how wonderful they are, that they couldn't do without the Stars. That is the only truth here. Nicolette was wonderful on the show. Marc Cherry is, was and always will be a jerk.

Christy

I hope Nicolette Sheridan wins her suit! It was obvious for the length of time the show has aired that she was not given a substantial enough part. Her character; however, was a spark in the show and the show has lost that spark now that she is gone. Poor move on Cherry's part!

Frank Baum

I want to sue the doctor who slapped my heiny when I was born..I feel he sent a message to me before I was old enough to know better..and now I can't misbehave, become president of the Untied States, or sit properly on the toilet.

m

having been the victim of an assault brought on by a once major movie star, and looking for some help was amazed to find not a sole including woman to help me ,, later this person was sent to rehab , an excuse that is pathetic considering it"s been published he beat most of his wives ,, hollywood a sorry breeding ground for entitled ,,,,,,

DaytonaGary

Cherry's backed up by ABC.He has a hit show.he could batter all them dumbazz women on that show and ABC would still do nothin.

Sheridan should have STFU,done her job and been happy she had a job.B***ch cant act for ***t anyway.

Nothin will happen.

Bre

No man or woman should ever hit! She probably didn't sue earlier because she needed the employment. Even actresses have bills to pay.

Thunder Thighs

Isn't Cherry a homo who hates women?

They oughta file a class action on his stretched-out faggoty ass.

Nicolette is h-o-t! I would like to give several hundred healing orgasms.

Mary

Ms. Sheridan is a wonderful actress. If she says he assaulted her then I beleive her. He probably thinks he can do whatever he chooses and the station should be ashamed to back that type of person up. Maybe no should watch ABC and teach them a lesson. She definitely does not need any 401K fromt he man cause she has plenty of her own way before this show ever appeared. Telly Savalas was her dad and I am sure he left her money as well as her own acting appearances on knots landing and other shows. HOPE YOU WIN YOUR CASE!!!!

KEITH

SHE IS SO FULL OF IT !!!! SHE WAITS OVER A YEAR TO SAY SOMETHING ABOUT A SUPPOSED CRIME. HE FIRED HER ASS AND NO ONE ELSE WILL HIRE HER OLD BUTT AND SHE NEEDS MONEY. JUST PLAIN AND SIMPLE !!!!

Linda

I think ABC and Cherry need to be taught a lesson. If we all ban the show maybe they will get the message.

Thunder Thighs

SHE IS A SLAG AND AN AMERICAN NO GOOD PLASTIC WOMEN SHE IS LIKE THE REST OF AMERICAN LADIES ALWAYS WANTS TO TAKE A MAN DOWN AND SUE THEM AND MAKE FALSE REPORTS TO OBTAIN MONEY $$$$ SHE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO EARN SHAME ON HER SHAME SHAME GET A FUCKING JOB GIRL STOP SCAM PEOPLE ..............

Funkala

Nicholette has been a star since the day I laid eyes on her ages ago.... she adds humor and appeal and I miss her on Housewives. Dana Delany yet worse De Mateo do not have same interest.

Hope she wins her case and hope she goes back on the show as her even sexier twin!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments