Michael Jackson -- The Cirque Comes to Town

4/20/2010 12:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0420_michael_jackson_cirque_EX_GettyTMZ has learned the executors for Michael Jackson's estate have signed a huge deal with Cirque du Soleil.

Co-executor John Branca tells TMZ, the first show will open in fall of 2011 -- and will travel throughout North America including the Staples Center in L.A. ... the same venue where MJ's memorial was held.

The show will be heavily focused on dancing -- honoring the legendary moves of MJ.  It will also feature Jackson's songs and have the trademark Cirque du Soleil acrobatics.

In 2012, a second show -- in partnership with MGM MIRAGE -- will open in Las Vegas which will be far more theatrical with emphasis on technology and 3D. "It will be a theme-park-like show," says Branca.

Sources say the shows will be worth a fortune to the estate.  Cirque and the estate will split costs and profits 50-50.

0420_mj_promo_cirque_video

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

jadakiss

Michael Jackson was a fraud

Grump

Amazing how quick these deals are made! The trial hasn't even started...

It would be something interesting to watch.

Elmer Flobbergob

I won't be going. Wacko sucked.

Lorrie

I'm so sick and tired of getting informed of every little move MJ's executors and family make. No one cares. All of it is old news. We don't care, TMZ.

Grump

Aww.. come on Harvey already put a better pic of MJ! Quit it already TMZ staff!

Barb

How do I find out when it will be in my area?

layla

I hope this comes to Canada. I love Cirque du Soleil so this should be an amazing show!!

oceanlights

I am surprised the Jackson Brothers haven't taken the 'This Is It' act on tour in 'honor of Michael. Michael had all the ideas and songs laid out...all they would have to do is get on stage and follow Michael's plans. Opportunity lost for those guys.

LaToya Jackson

Mo Money fo us !!! Mo Money, Mo Money, MUCH MO MONEY!!! Ker Ching

nan

i hope they bring this to boston area.this sounds like something mj would like to me

Grump

@ # 7- Who knows Barb but be sure Harvey/ TMZ will be the first to post it here to tell you how to go about it, they always seem to get the inside scoop pn everything.

I'm sure Good Ol' Harvey is getting something for this post.

Ya think?

Quiet

NICE !!

mddiva35

I love Cirque du Soleil and I Love Michael Jackson. This will be amazing. I haven't seen the Beatles Cirque show so I'm sure this will be similar to there's and to Elvis' show. NICE JOB Branca and McClain.
SN to TMZ: Stop saying how this will make 'money for the estate' we are not dummies. This will allow his fans to continue to enjoy his work.

xo tink

Sad. Not even a year and they are selling Michael off at every turn. It's all about the money, and no respect for his recent passing. It makes me feel sick. This decision lacks grace and honor.
I can only imagine what a CIRCUS it will be.
I guess I hold his memory more dearly than even his executors.
I think all fans do.
ILYMore xo - tink

Barb

Ok thanks Grump, I will keep watching this site for it then.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments