Michael Jackson's Dad to be Deposed

5/7/2010 4:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's dad will be deposed by Jackson's estate lawyers some time next month in his bid to receive an allowance from the estate.

Michael Jackson's Dad Joe Jackson to be Deposed

As we first reported, Joe Jackson filed a claim against the estate last year in an effort to get a monthly check from the estate.

According to documents filed earlier this week, Joe will sit down with Michael's attorney at a date to be determined "between June 1, 2010 and July 1, 2010."

Both sides will then go back to court some time after August 1.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

wil

I hope the estate respects Michaels wishes. Michael wanted his father to have NOTHING ! Michael went out of his way to make sure his father would not receive a dime. Please respect michaels wishes.

Trooper Tom

This old prick seems to find money for attorney's, dining out, flying all over the place why shoud the estate give him any thing

MJ FOREVER

JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL

Melissa

Man oh man..... I guess Joe is going to get his money one way or the other! Even after he was specifically left out of the will......... greedy old man!!

jeannie

A man wanting his dead son to support him. If Michael had wanted to support a leech, he would put it in his will. Joe ought to be so ashamed.

Bean

He deserves nothing but good swift kick in the butt-om. Wish he would just shut his mouth for once!

marson

The Jackson 5 and Michael would have never existed without Joseph. He is old and likely to die soon. Why not give him a little? There is more money than the kids could ever need. Everyone else is making money off the estate of MJ. Come on have a heart people!

LunaticFringe

Still feeling ENTITLED Joe?
Always with your hand out trying to get something for nothing.
I suppose someone has to pay for your fledgling recording label and harem of young girls.
It might as well continue to be your son Michael. At least you're keeping the begging consistent with
when he was alive.

sid

This old turd deserves nothing.
A lot of restaurants give him free meals, after he requests it. Doesn't even tip, which is typical.

denise

uh-oh

Siggisis

You can say a lot of things about Joe, but he sure ain´t a quitter! Hahaha, I have to laugh about this.

Poor Michael - I mean that, poor, poor Michael.
Forced to work hard from such an early age. There is no way around it, he WAS and IS exploited by his family.

denise

he should have his illegitimate daughter- j'oh vonnie support him. she is middle aged now, he should go live with her.

Cathy

I know this is going to sound crazy, but I'll say it anyway. I truly believe that Michael would want Joe to have something in the way of money from the estate. Michael didn't hate his father, imo. In fact, I think he loved him very much and that's why he agonized over the fact that Joe could never be the father he needed him to be. Michael left all his money to his kids and to Katherine (so that she could take care of his kids) and that's to be the expected route from any parent. I don't see it that he went out of his way to purposely shun Joe or the rest of his family. If he'd wanted that, he would have been specific -- the way Joan Crawford was in her will when she flat out stated that she was leaving nothing to her son and daughter "for reasons which are well known to them." My mother's sister just died and left everything to her adult children. She didn't mention my mother in her will, but that doesn't mean she didn't love her sister.

I think that if a monthly allowance is that important to Joe then Michael (if he were here to comment) would say, "oh, give it to him!" I really do. I know most will disagree, and that's fine, but this is my opinion. Michael had a good heart and in spite of Joe's treatment of him, he did love his father. And in his own weird way, I think Joe loved Michael as well. Perhaps more than any of us will ever know. Bottom line? I say throw him some money if that's what he wants. It won't affect the kids - that well will never run dry.

Everyones~A~Star

cus money would help you get over the death of yer son? didnt he pimp mj enuff in life? i was by no means an mj fan but perhaps if joe had let him be a child he wouldnt have grown into such a weird freak.

R

Estate should not give him a dime. He is old and he probably will die from 5-10 years from now, anyways. Estate should save all of the money for MJ's children and charities.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments