Tom Cruise

Betrayed by Scientology?

5/9/2010 12:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tom Cruise was secretly videotaped as he spilled his guts in Scientology confessional sessions, and those tapes became fodder for Scientology cocktail party humor ... this according to a high-profile and former high-level member of Scientology.

Mark Rathbun says in his blog, he recorded Cruise during the confessional sessions and Scientology guru David Miscavige read the transcripts at parties, "joking and laughing" at them.

Rathbun says the video was "well-concealed" in the VIP auditing room, per orders of Miscavige. Rathbun says Miscavige ordered him to prepare transcripts of the sessions. Then, according to Rathbun, Miscavige would hold late night whiskey parties, reading the transcripts and laughing out loud.

The nature of Tom's alleged confessions were not disclosed.

liar

If Slutty Whores Rock and Kooky had a baby together, I would kidnap it and sell it on Ebay.

Barb

That is a big betrayal of trust. I wonder if he'll change religions now?

Bell

That is a betrayal of trust of the highest magnitude.

Freezoner

Marty if he is worth his salt will not tell what TC said and I am sure he is. It is in the auditors code.

DM don't care about the auditors code.

Marty has been tring to warn and protect TC but like many he will not listen so will have to hit the wall at warm speed like I Did.

Jon

Scientology is a satanic cult.

RasputinsLiver

Man, I wish those tapes'd hit the internet. They'd go viral in a flash.

Of course, they'd likely totally end his career. But then, so what. He's not a very good actor anwyays. The world wouldn't miss him.

Peter

uuuh, I smell blackmail.

cjs

Whatever you think of Tom's beliefs this is TOTAL betrayal !! He has given them millions of dollars and now this? Twisted, plus why pick on him? Plenty more famous ones to go after. Sad just sad.

As for ex's not talking J Aniston has people sign a confidentially agreement as do other BIG stars so come on, leave Tom alone.

CJ

I'm completely agreeing w/both "nof" & "me"'s comment.

I really dont see how most of you say this is his fault. just because you dont agree w/his beliefs or how outspoken he is does not make one "loony" or "crazy". Is it really necessary?

& WHO CARES if he jumped on Oprah's couch back than? I think we've all done a few things that are flabbergasting in life.

sinne

If this story is true then I hope that TC goes after them and takes them down. This is such a sad case of betrayal.

Tyler

Too funny. You know L Ronald Hubbard was at a bar with his buddies drinking and came up with the entire idea while drunk with friends. Just thinking how many idiots he could get to follow his made up religion about aliens, etc. How stupid can these people be. I mean really. Come on. A science fiction writer comes up with some wacky idea. He must have been laughing with his buddies until the day he died.

Did Tom Cruise ever come out of the closet on that South Park show. Doesn't he know people don't care these days? His joke of "marriages" can end now. Get out Tom and live your life.

Scientology? Really Tom? You know they got some great stuff on a lot of rich people to be able to build those enormous buildings like their compound in Tampa. Come out Tom, as people just don't care anymore. Leave those idiots and move on. As much as your life is a joke to me and many others you do make some darn good movies.

The Love Sponge

I had a seminar this weekend with a group of 4 foot greys. We have concluded that Scientology is ridiculous. We have the advantage of inter dimensional travel and communication. It's all for free. Please come and join us now.

#TeamLindsay

Somewhere Lindsay Lohan is wondering "Wow, how could he be so gullible? Even i saw right through the bullsh_t they tried to feed me!"

sighman

You know at the higher levels of scientology they make you sign a billion year contract. And when you reach their priesthood levels they pay you 50 dollars a week plus free auditing sessions. But if you ever try and leave then you have to pay for those auditing sessions. Top level scientologist pay hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years. You leave you are in major debt. Thanks scientology, but no thanks.

Mrs. MJ

I hate Tom Cruise, would like to have been at the whiskey party, hahaha.