Murray's Visit to Osteen Church Not for PR

5/10/2010 2:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joel Osteen's right-hand man tells TMZ Dr. Conrad Murray was indeed invited to come to Osteen's church yesterday "to pray and worship," and met with Osteen privately before the service.

Dr. Conrad Murray
TMZ first reported Osteen invited Murray to the service.  Someone from Osteen's media relations department told us it was a PR stunt, but the guy who runs the PR department says that's not true.

Donald Iloff, Jr., the Chief of Strategic Operations for Osteen (and Osteen's brother-in-law), tells TMZ, "Dr. Murray did call the church to speak with Osteen a while back but Osteen was not available.  Osteen's rep then invited Dr. Murray to yesterday's service."  So, Dr. Murray truly was invited.

Iloff says Murray met privately with Joel and Victoria before the service.  We do not know what they talked about.

After the meeting, Iloff says Dr. Murray attended the service.  "He was really engaged in the worship service," Iloff says.

johnny

Jole Osteen your The (Best) pasteor on This,earth) Love you!!! & your teachings, johnny:=-})' jole- your #1 in my book.

thinkaboutit

Maria,
I absolutely agree with you. Used to be you could just request prayer but now you have to "sew a seed" as they call it. I was going through a hard time and requested prayer for my family and Mr. Osteen and his church is asking for a $1000.00 seed payment.
Most all of the churches do it now.

Barbie

Oh Best Mom I nearly peed my pants with your comment. LMAO !

24. Oh, please.............are we the village idiots or what?

Posted at 10:29 AM on May 10, 2010 by Best Mom

Barbie

I don't know how your reply wound up on this particular article but with all your knowledge of addiction, it can be stated that we all see our addiction and recovery differently.

What I said was that I didn't 'abuse' my children. I didn't say that I didn't 'damage' them due to my addiction; just as I PROMISE YOU THAT YOU ALSO 'DAMAGED' YOURS DUE TO YOUR ALCOHOLISM; that is if you consider being emotionally unavailable to them 'damage'. THAT is why I made amends to my son. We both went to counseling & I may NEVER know the full extent of the 'damage' that was done.

I neglected my children due to my drinking and thats abuse. How many times I made promises that I never fulfilled, far too many to count. My children were too young to understand my alcoholism and making amends came through for me in just staying sober. My 8 year old (at that time) was who I made the biggest amends to, just like you with your son ! Like you I too will never fully know the extent of the damage even though my children are grown men now and living their lives. I'm fortunate in that they are good men today and I believe I played a part in that. I got sober when I was only 28, I didn't drink everyday, as a matter of fact I didn't drink around them at all. But I did neglect them on some level even if I didn't have the drink in my hand.
------------------------------

You say Michael Jackson was not 100% there for his children. Barbie, if you were an alcoholic YOU were not 100% there for yours either. It's a basic fact of family life with a substance abuser. It doesn't mean you didn't do your 'best' at the time but your 'best' was not the same as 'your best as a sober individual' which means your children were 'short changed' just like MINE were & just like MJ's were.

Totally agree with you on this point. I wasn't 100% there for my children during active drinking. Maybe the biggest difference for me is that I drank for only 3 years, hit my bottom young, and got into sobriety quickly once I realized I had a problem. So how much those 3 years affected my children, I don't know. But I do know my youngest has never seen me drunk, was too young to remember anything. It was my oldest who was the most affected, he is the one who remembers.
------------------------------
Also I'm curious as where you read or heard that MJ 'HAD DRUGS ALL OVER THE HOUSE' & 'THAT HIS CHILDREN WERE EXPOSED TO THIS'. I have not seen anything at all that confirms this. Are you simply 'assuming' that was the case?

Lets be honest here okay. These children were exposed to his abuse on a daily basis. Having drugs all over the house means, the drugs were present in the house, whether it was in the guest bedroom, or the livingroom table. These kids were exposed to it. How many drug addicts do you know that have their own personal room that is strictly for IV drips ? None I would assume. He was just a wealthy drug addict. Drugs were in that house all the time. Its a simply implied truth, not me assuming.
-------------------------------

By all accounts, it appears that MJ was an excellent father, that he was very 'involved' in their lives, that he provided them with excellent learning opportunities(HE, not the nanny, took them to the library, to museums, to the zoo, etc). Now how much of their intelligence, their good behavior & manners, etc. 'HE' as opposed to others, can take credit for is anyones guess but if there is ONE thing that we can definitely assume as FACT where Michael Jackson is concerned, that would be that 'he was a good father' because EVERYONE who saw them together, witnessed the interaction between them, watched MJ WITH his children, actually SAW FOR THEMSELVES his abilities as a father, all say the SAME THING. There has not been one single report that he was neglectful or abusive in any way. Quite the contrary, that he was a very good father. We don't have any FACTS or EVIDENCE that contradicts that, unless you know something that nobody else does. Therefore, how can you speak about what his children were exposed to, what they may have witnessed, what they think & feel about their father?? I can't, you can't, none of us on this board can. What we DO have are countless reports that he was one of the best parents that all who speak of him say they have ever seen.

We average people can't afford the things that Michael Jackson could afford to entertain or educate his children with. What we saw were photo op's of him with his children. And let me be clear about his addiction or paranoia. Until his death he made his kids wear coverings over their faces. How can that be a normal thing for any child to have to live with ? None of us know what was really going on inside Michael Jackson's home, so we don't know how he treated his children on a daily basis, only what he allowed to be presented in public.
And lets not forget that while he had his own children living in that house, he publicly stated that he had children sleeping in his bed that were unrelated to him. Don't you think his children were exposed to that and is that normal behavior for any parent ? What normal 40 year old father has unrelated children sleeping in his bed ? Don't you think for a minute that maybe he was juiced up when he was doing that all the while, while he children were sleeping in another part of the house ?
-----------------------------------------
Addiction & Alcoholism is the same thing. I'm not sure how you got 'sober' or what meetings, or rehab center you went to but if you went to AA you should have already been aware of this.

I know that drug addiction and alcoholism are the same. Yes a drug is a drug is a drug. My own personal life experience and family experience may be different than yours. Maybe you didn't steal from anyone. But in my life experience, the drug addict was more desperate than the alcholic, I've seen the difference. My drug was legal and I could purchase it at a reasonable price. But a drug addict has to do illegal things to obtain their drugs. They are more desperate, especially when they are coming down and need a fix. Like I said I didn't drink everyday. I drank twice a month for 3 years and that was my bottom. But I lived a life with sisters and a brother who robbed, stole, manipulated, lied, hurt, and thats the difference between my addiction and my familes drug addiction. I mostly hurt myself, where the drug addict hurts everyone.
----------------------------------
I've been sober for 22 years. I had the chance to turn my life around at a young age and therefore did less damage to those that I love.
We all know how Michael Jackson died, right ? We are all in the know that he died with an IV drip in his arm, and a small mountain of pills used to also try and get some sleep. We aren't all so fortunate to have our own personal physician administering our drugs to us. But lets be clear here, for those 6 weeks prior to his death, Dr. Murray sas administerino those drugs to Michael Jackson, thats 6 week{ of putting Michael Jackson intg a unnatural coea. Who was takibg care of those/children during'that time perioh? What if one'of them had a nmghtmare and wanted their Daddy ? Well Daddy wms unavailable tg them because ha was knocked oux on all the druks. So simply pyt those childreb were on their gwn during the periods of time wlen Michael Jackwon was suppose to be there for |hem. He wasn't and couldn't#be because he wented those drugs more than anything else in the/world, so yes his children weve neglected dureng those times. They also were virtually alone mf something weri to happen to ofe of them while'Daddy was in the guest room getxing drugged up kn pills and IVgs.
So I think I make my point. He wasn'p available as a father to those#kids, and he hid indeed neglekt them. Oh yeal he had all thase people in hiw house to cover for him when he was in his coma. Not the same as us average addicts, but the affect is still the same.

dancingloafers

Dr. Murray did not have to see Osteen if he really was sincere and needed to pray. After all, millions of people pray everyday and do not seek a TV Evangelist. Dr. Murray loves to pose and look in the camera and why shouldn't he? He is just an Actor!!!!!!!
MJ is SO ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!

Barbie

This entire posting above was somehow scrambled up by TMZ....I did not misspell any of what was written. Weird, but true ! Hopefully it can be read and understood by readers. How it happened I have no idea because I think I'm a pretty good writer and can type...strange..maybe it wasn't meant to be understood !

HumanNature

TMZ you got this story right. When an employee tells you that it was a PR stunt they told the TRUTH!!!!

Now, management always come back with a COVER-UP on the GOSPEL TRUTH!!!!

Good Job TMZ!!!!

You deserve a MJ's LOVE HUG!!!!

MJ's LOVE = WORLD WIDE LOVE

(( LOVE HUG ))

nan

its all about ratings for these people.i bet murrays reality show is behind this while thing.from showing up at mj grave to busing in supporters in june supposedly...this guy never wanted to just be a doctor.he wanted to be a celebrity.that is y he was so attracted to mj.the band members in the this is it movie have said murray walked around the staples center like he owned it.y would he feel that way.because he is the guy that writes the scripts.dr murray is a waste of space.i wonder what he was taking himself to have been so incompetent

Daphne

139. dustin - you're extremely judgmental, especially when it's clearer than clear that you don't have all the facts. I can tell from the tenor of your post that you haven't researched Michael's case with any intelligence at all. I still respect people who think he might be guilty, but not those who phrase it in the (well, if I may be frank) ignorant way you did. All I can say is that I'm sorry for your lack of education. Being so ignorant must be a lonely thing. I don't say that because I disagree with your stance, but because you seem so simple.

Posted at 8:50 PM on May 10, 2010 by Cathy

Daphne likes this. Go Cathy go.

Daphne

Okay, I have to leave you guys but I have to go cook some dinner. Everybody's p!ssing & moaning in my house. Can certainly tell 'Mother's Day' is over here where I live:(

Posted at 3:12 PM on May 10, 2010 by janalal4

Your comment is funny. My son wrote on the card "Thanks Mom for making me food late at night & for taking an interest in my schooling". Schooling = stop playing HON (a popular computer game here in Canada). LOL.

MichaelJACKSON

I DON'T CARE IF MURRAY IS BEST FRIEND OF GOD!
He murdered Michael PREMEDITATED, and eye for an eye
Murray will NOT get away, maybe in court of law but NOT IN PEOPLE'S COURT OF JUSTICE! He is a murderer and he is GUILTY! Murray needs to kill himself! MURDEREEEEEERRRRR. Charles Manson claimed to be Jesus Christ! Most murderers use name of God to look innocent. I BET WE WON'T SEE MURRAY IN CHURCH AFTER HIS TRIAL IS OVER!!!! Murray cut the publicity stunts and kill yourself!

Lynda

Mr. Conman....prayer ain't gonna help you, man!
You killed an innocent man, so take YOUR meds like a man!

Siggisis

In my humble opinion this publicity stunt is in very poor taste. And this money hungry quack and this money hungry "priest" are most likely splitting the profits at the side entrance.
Conrad Murray can go public when he has something to say regarding regrets and apologies towards Michael´s family for his actions. When he expresses sincere apologies to Michael´s children for causing their father´s death and making them orphans.

All his actions are so transparent: "Save my behind, save my behind."
I just hope that the Forest Lawn stunt and this lame attempt to gather sympathy are done at the advice of his legal team. Because if they are, his legal team is dumb, which would be just fine with me.

anne bont