« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods' Swing Coach -- We're Breaking Up

5/11/2010 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods has another relationship issue to deal with this morning -- his personal swing coach is officially leaving him.

tiger woods
After six years together, Hank Haney has informed Tiger that he's moving on.

In a statement released to the Golf Channel Monday night, Haney says, "Tiger Woods and I will always be friends, but I believe that there is a time and place for everything, and I feel at this time and at this place in my life I want to move forward in other areas."

Translation: I quit this bitch!

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

LA Native

NIKE is next...just you wait and see....we can only hope.

flip[wilson

Too much swingin' on the inter - course...not enuf on the golf course...stick a fork in this boy...he be done... Jack no worries, mate...looks like you're gonna stay #1... boo hoo tigger....

nthehole

Might be Steve next!!

ginny

so what, who cares and nike is next mr f'around!!

Jason Chambers

Translation of the translation: Tiger was about to fire me.

electriczipper

7. Translation of the translation: Tiger was about to fire me.

Posted at 8:17 AM on May 11, 2010 by Jason Chambers

---------------------
exactly...the ol I quit ..no your fired deal

Denise

KARMA at its best!

WordOutlet

He knew he wasn't Tiger's main swinger and left. Heartbreaking to not be thought of as Numero Uno.

Check out them Nike threads though. That's what matters.

celticskunk

Haney really didn't do crap for Tiger's swing, it was inconsistant. Back to basics, back to Butch Harmon, he'll fix it.

whateverpeeps

There's no fixing Tiger, whoever's the coach. He's done.

Todd da Man

I have played golf for almost 30 years and I have never heard of a swing coach. wtf is that? So is there a coach for every aspect of the game now? How gay.

ZR

I think a lot of the venom directed at Tiger, aside from the face he seems like a genuinely self centered jerk, is because for years he put on this facade he was just a regular family guy off the course. John Daly has done what Tiger has, but he never hid it and pretended to be anything other than what he is. Most people can't stand phonys, especially when the reality is in such stark contrast to what was portrayed for years.
Firing the coach when he's playing so poorly is not classy at all. But we all know that Mr Woods is everything except classy.

Algonquin

What's Woods' latest excuse now? His poor performances lately are probably his coach's fault? Yeah, that's it. Nothing is every Tiger's fault. Uh huh....

pam

Haney is leaving because Tiger didn't stand up for him when that idiot from ESPN tried to blame his last two lousy performances on him. Tiger had the best years of his career while Haney was his coach. As usual Tiger needs someone to blame rather than taking responsibility for his own problems. Hank Haney was a world famous golf coach before Tiger and he will have pros lining up for his services now that Tiger is out of the picture.

Algonquin

correction: Nothing is EVER Tiger's fault.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments