Volcanic Ash 1, Lindsay Lohan 0

5/18/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan might miss her court hearing on Thursday -- but LiLo's defense is Mother Nature herself.

Lindsay Lohan Volcano

Lindsay is in Cannes to promote her upcoming Linda Lovelace biopic.  She must appear in court Thursday for her probation progress report hearing -- she's required to show because she has only completed 10 of the 13 required alcohol ed classes (she snuck in a class last Friday).

But sources say she can't get a flight back to the States because of the volcanic ash from Iceland. Airports all over Europe are jam-packed and it's impossible to get a seat.

Here's the thing -- as we first reported, if Lindsay doesn't show, the judge will issue a bench warrant for her arrest.

LA Native

oh, my...temper temper

WHATEVER

why is she so retarded ? who wants a warrant out for their arrest ?

Rhonda

To Kooky,

How does leaving a recipe on this site make you a "KRAZY KOOKY KLOWN"? What is clever or funny about it? Or should address this question to your alter ego...Balls?

wasted days and wasted nights

Please, enough for now about Lindsay. Every day is another one to get a TMZ headline or two or three for this lil' drama queen.

Holly

Someone needs to tell Old Dina that volcanic ash has been going over Europe for a few months now so Lindsay should've known better. Plus, Lindsay didn't have any excuse going out of the country less than a week before her court date anyway. Besides, she's going to jail anyway for not completing her classes.

I'm telling you, it's pretty sad when a 23 year old woman STILL has her mother making excuses for her behavior. Then again, Old Dina is as dumb as a box of rocks anyway.

MT2

Lindsay is a disgrace to Cannes. I am surprised to see her on the red carpet. I didn't know they would let just anybody in. I thought it was a special privilege given to legends of the screen and professionals of the industry who handle themselves with class. Why would any film festival or movie production company want to be associated with her?? I truly do not understand. It tarnishes their image, imo.

SeanyP67

I'm sorry, but again she is full of it. I work in the travel industry and monitor flight conditions all over the world. The impact in Europe right now is minimal. If she REALLY wanted to come back she could. She is just a spoiled rotten brat that is trying to get away with not showing up because she knows that she is going to get in trouble.

Fallopia Lopez

Crazy, apathetic, disrespectful, trashy, ungrateful, classless, never-was B.

FlamingoNut

Christ, put her in jail already, and prove to her that the justice system is SERIOUS. This will be her REHAB, which she sooooooo desperately needs...

Somedude

You guys at TMZ are going to look pretty stupid when the judge just extends the time she has to complete the classes. I realize what the judge originaly said, but everyone Lindsay included, knows thats BS, why don't you? We'll see in a couple of days.

Soxy

She is loving all of this press-negative or not. She most likely will not go to jail and slime that she is, will weasel her way out of any repercussions for her behavior. I guess not being considered for any acting jobs is payback enough professionally, however. Though that will make her try to get her name in the headlines in any way she can to make herself stay relevant. Lucky us...

LA Native

Since today there is no team lindsay, lindsay rocks, susan, Delmar, etc. posting today, I'm thinking those were Lindsay et al and she is now on a plane high above twitter and TMZ-landia. Or else they are still all passed out from last nights party. Anybody else notice? I hope she gets it together.

please

One would think Lindsey would have asked her attorney it would be okay if she left the country under the cir***stances.
I think a lot of lawyers would not be telling her:

Lindsey, you violated the judges order numerous times and you're going to be lucky as it stands now if I can get you house arrest for a month or two and that is if you come back home and finish those classes before we go to court because I will be shocked if the Judge does not order you to appear.

As for Cannes, you better forget that right now because travel around there is awful if you have not seen a news paper in the last several weeks and it can be very difficult to get a seat on a flight home and if you don't care about this deal, I am not going to.

Anne Marie

How did she get there in the first place?

HarveyRLevin