Volcanic Ash 1, Lindsay Lohan 0

5/18/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Lindsay Lohan might miss her court hearing on Thursday -- but LiLo's defense is Mother Nature herself.

Lindsay Lohan Volcano

Lindsay is in Cannes to promote her upcoming Linda Lovelace biopic.  She must appear in court Thursday for her probation progress report hearing -- she's required to show because she has only completed 10 of the 13 required alcohol ed classes (she snuck in a class last Friday).

But sources say she can't get a flight back to the States because of the volcanic ash from Iceland. Airports all over Europe are jam-packed and it's impossible to get a seat.

Here's the thing -- as we first reported, if Lindsay doesn't show, the judge will issue a bench warrant for her arrest.

Dino

PLEASE!!!! with the Lindsey Lohan...Nobody cares!!! I don't care how many times she falls down. I don't care how much drugs and drinking she does. She is a "has-been" and will be forgotten soon after she kills herself being stupid.

TMZ PLEASE PLEASE stop the LL updates.

lawyersinlove

If TMZ stops the Morticia Addams updates, Dina will have nothing to do all day. She kinda' watches these like stock market updates. "Oh, crap, my investment just went down another point. Should I sell quick and get out? I've got that other little troll stock I could invest in..hmmmmm..what to do, what to do?"

Gern

Funny I see 37 flight possibilities leaving from NCE and flying to LAX On the 19th.

37 options..... TMZ needs to find her all available tickets and publish the list for her.

Rita

I know how Lindsay and the entire Lohan family can make a come back..Write a book on excuses. The can call it Lohan 1001 excuses and who to blame.

Meg

She planned all of this. I have thought that since I heard she was headed to France. I hate to say she's smart enough to do that, but this all seems a little too convenient.

Tyler

God: Muhahahahahahahahaha!

t

TMZ will have a live feed going when Lindsay gets off the plane in L.A. with the cops waiting for her. I hope she resists the cops and gets tazed on the live feed. With our luck she will be so out of it she will not even know...

Anonymous

Lohan knew the volcano would possibly cause a problem coming or going to Cannes. There has been enough news about it for weeks. If she fails to honor her commitment to the court then there are consequences.

EsorAnin

Without knowing anything about how air traffic works I must ask, if she got TO Cannes, would getting back be that difficult?

I officially cannot take anything this girl does seriously. I'd like for her to prove me wrong because I was always a big fan, but this has just gotten too redundant and pathetic.

Either do the right thing or continue to be a joke. Let's hope this Lovelace film is written impeccably and that her acting is superb because that is literally the only way this could help her. So far, this seems like a ridiculously (hilariously) bad move for her.

Karen Ann

She won't get arrested, if anything, she'll just get another slap on the wrist....if that much.

cin

Not even a valid excuse-flights have been clear for days!!! I had a fried stuck in Paris for 5 days LAST WEEK! Good try Lilo.

#TeamLindsay

@ #164 Anothernancy "Since today there is no team lindsay, lindsay rocks, susan, Delmar, etc. posting today, I'm thinking those were Lindsay et al and she is now on a plane high above twitter and TMZ-landia. Or else they are still all passed out from last nights party. Anybody else notice? I hope she gets it together."

Think again, page 7 comment #92 slore!

Anya

she's worthless......... just another celebrity on her way out.

NoBreederRat

Even if this were the case, and I doubt it, there are other modes of transportation. The city of Cannes cannot be completely and entirely affected so that no one can travel by bus, boat, train, or car, to *another* European airport and catch a flight out.

So no excuses. Lock her up.

erik