Cyndi Lauper:

Good Genes or Good Docs?

5/31/2010 4:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Time after time, Cyndi Lauper looks pretty good.

Here's the 30-year-old back in 1984 (left) -- and 26 years later, the 56-year-old version at an event in NYC last week (right).

We see her true colors, and that's why we love her.

ChiChi

She's probably had some minor work done like fillers and Botox, but she looks phenomenal.

john johnson

fail!, next!

prncsstai

she looks great

twitter.com/onlyonetai

summer days

She looks good and Celebrity Apprentice would have been a big bore without her and Bret Michaels. She has always been truly eccentirc, that is not an act. And I guess that is why she comes across as difficult sometimes.

I agree it shows in her neck. Is there anything they can do for the neck? I imagine it would be hard cause it is your airway and anything would leave a noticable scar...

James

if it was good docs they would have done something about her REALLY old looking neck

GingerCat

My vote is "Good makeup." There's no obvious signs of surgery...if she's done it, it's subtle and not trying to make her look 25.
Really nice work with the foundation and lipstick though.

I'd say she looks better today (not necessary younger, but better) than she did back then!

CloBird

She looks good,not overdone as some stars do.Cyndi appears to have had a little Botox and fillers injected into her face because she has no wrinkling in the forehead and naso-labial folds are plumped.

spinach dip

There's no way she has had work done. I've seen her in person and she's au natural. She has just aged incredibly well. She's also still an amazing performer -- sings and dances onstage just like she did in 1985.

Boldface

I see Miss Lauper around New York and she looks like a normal person. I think the telltale sign is the pulled fishlips, and the deer-in-headlights eyes, and she doesn't have either of those. In fact, if you look closely, she has a normal middle-aged neck. Go Cyndi.

Tim

FYI she looked gross in 86

Betty Jane Haddock

the only problem is the NECK

jan

I'm telling you guys, Cindy hasn't gone under the knife..
Her neck hasn't been pulled back, her eyes do have wrinkles if you look close enough. The smooth features on her face are from make-up
techniques, not plastic surgery.

Ginger Rongers

In the early 90's Cyndi had a cancerous tumor in her neck removed, and soon after that she DID have a slight lift. Baffles me as to why she still has turkey neck???

Voted 4 Obama and Completed my Census

Wow, not many Caucasian women age as well as she did. Looks like she always avoids cooking her skin in the sun. She looks stunning. Kudos.........

Greg

That 1984 picture of her is horrible. I remember her from 1984 and I never saw her look like that. Why use such a horrible picture for comparison, TMZ?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments