« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ray Allen -- Victim of the SteakGate Curse!

6/9/2010 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Boston Celtics superstar Ray Allen was ice cold in last night's loss to the Los Angeles Lakers -- missing practically every single shot -- but there's only one logical explanation for his terrible performance ... SteakGate!!!!

0609_allen2_tmz_video
SteakGate began back in 2008 -- when Paul Pierce had a fancy steak dinner before a big NBA Finals game ... and then choked (his performance, that is) the very next night.

Now, the curse has struck again ... because Allen feasted on a delicious buttery steak from Ruth's Chris in Beverly Hills on Sunday night -- hours after he set the record for hitting the most 3-point shots in a Finals game -- and then tanked the following game!!!

Back in '08, NBA Commish David Stern laughed at the idea -- but after last night's PROOF, we gotta ask ...

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

dd

I'm confused he was in Boston LOSING last night, he wasn't in Beverly Hills....wasn't last night Tuesday?

Jon

I was totally thinking of TMZ last night when at one point they were saying Allen was 0 for 13 in shooting, 0 for 7 in threes. You guys are amazing in covering the news, but i didnt know you were psychics!

Steak Lover

He should have went to Mastros and had a Bone-In Filet. Ruth Chris sucks. Of course that screwed him.

goolsbinin

This makes no freaking sense.. How is this a curse exactly? When Pual Pierce did this in 2008 His team went on to win the championship... What exactly is the curse? Anyone? Anyone?

hot snot

boston played poorly enough to lose. Just like the Lakers did on Sunday...hope this is down to the last game

Donknottz

Go Vegan Ray and this kind of stuff doesn;t happen just ask Carl Lewis or Prince Fielder.

dd

No MightyMad, I can read very well, they changed the original post and corrected it to Sunday so I will forgive you for the insult!

c

Nope! The Lakers are just a far superior team and scared the shot right out of Allen!!

mike

what is he doing? steak takes forever to break down and so does not give the body energy to recover. he should - and any athlete - should learn from tennis players about what to eat. they eat alot of fish, pasta and chicken - items that allows for a faster recovery.

LeRoy

He sucks that's all!!

Deborah

I believe Ray Allen is a vegetarian... Are you sure he had steak? or just ate at a steak house?

Ray8ergrl

LAKERS!!! Boo Hoo Celtics get over it, and that fat baby Davis is nasty especially when he's licking his fat face YUCK! And #4 Mastros is so good!! GO LAKERS!!!!

dd

#13 Agree, they so need to stop Baby Huey from the tongue thing it was absoulutely gross.

ChorizoSupreme

Well, I guess Paul Pierce is still choking from that steak he ate in 2008. Ray's body had one whole day to recover from eating steak on Sunday- In fact he probably took a massive dump the next day to clear the old pipes. I eat steak every day with a nice bottle of cold beer, and I have the energy and reflexes of a young Lion. Roarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!

dd

#15 Yes they corrected it after I wrote in they had Tuesday instead of Sunday, actually I was shocked when I saw the correction had been made, I forgive you!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments