Chace Crawford Charged with Pot Possession

6/11/2010 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0609_chace_crawford_mugshot_EX_SMTMZ has learned "Gossip Girl" star Chace Crawford has now been charged with one misdemeanor charge of possession of marijuana.

TMZ broke the story ... Crawford was arrested in Plano, Texas last Friday after cops found an unlit joint in a car he was sitting in with a friend.

If convicted, Crawford faces a maximum of six months behind bars.

Lilly

What total waste of state money. This is a joke.

mandi

What a joke! Misdemeanors should be just that - going to jail for pot is ridiculous. Save the money and space on fighting real crime. Ha!

Caroline

This is ridiculous. He was dragged in and put in an orange jumpsuit and now he faces 6 months in prison over one joint? Meanwhile nothing ever happens to Lindsay Lohan despite two DUIs, cocaine possession, violation of probation and all the rest of it. What's wrong with this picture?

I'm a crazy person...

Note to Chace: Hire Shawn Chapman Holley, claim that you won't get a "fair trial" in Plano, TX, have the trial moved to Judge Marsha Revell's courtroom in L.A. and behold as "Judge" Revell not only has all charges thrown out, she gets Plano PD to issue you a formal apology along with a 6 figure check for your wasted time and a "Get out of jail free" card, signed by Revell, to accompany the lifetime prescription for medical marijuana she prescribes you.

Paula

With all the crime out there, you are arresting a guy for one joint??? What are you thinking?

Jackmeoffski

Wake up America!! Your living in a police state!

In Canada, when I was 16, cops pulled me over and caught me with a half-bag. I told him I've been smoking all day and it was personal use.

Cop took my baggie and a drove away :)

Well be legal soon suckers!!!

Jackmeoffski

Oh ya...and if think the law's should be able to put your butt in jail for smoking a joint your a sad sheep!!! I'm alive!!!

Chris

One joint gets you six months in jail???? WTF? I won't be going to Texas anytime soon.

You Know It's True

I live here in Plano...and trust me this is big excitement for this ultra wealthy and conservative suburb, LOL! At least he was picked up in Collin County not Dallas County. Trust me, Chace is going to walk away from this with out so much as a slap on the wrist. The cops here in Plano, have bigger things to contend with, such as expired car tags. He will pay a fine at most.

Diggydig

I hope his sentence is to be face fu*ked by Kimbo Slice.

anon

Like my name says I call Bullcrap on this whole senario. Where & who was the buddy with Chace is the bigger story here. Chace is taking a fall for someone here too. Where is the complete report of people involved in this. Why the protection of others. Chace won't serve a minute of time or come close to it but it keeps his name out there for a career that latley is not going anywhere. A show releasing about which he has just been charged is about it. lol Its all a joke.

gross!

6 months for a joint? Gimme a break! I guess I won't be driving through Texas any time soon!!

rock

don't mess with Texas just ask willy

mia

Pot should be legal and federally taxed.

But until it is, it's still a crime, dip****.

GetaLife

Welcome to America, where alcohol is perfectly legal, but 1 joint gets you locked up. I would much prefer to have a pot-head driving down my street than someone thats been sitting on a bar stool for hours.

Legalize it! Tax it! Light it, pass it!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments