Los Angeles Mayor Gets Restraining Order

6/14/2010 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa just got a restraining order against a man who threatened to "take him out."

0614_antonio_ex

According to docs obtained by TMZ, Daniel John Molnar called the Mayor's Office last Thursday and said, "The Mayor knows who I am.  The Mayor is talking a lot of s**t.  You tell him that I'm going to take him out."

We're told the Mayor's Office used caller ID to find the 46-year-old Molnar, who lives in the mid-Wilshire area of L.A.  He was arrested 3 hours later and charged with making criminal threats.

We're told the L.A. County District Attorney decided today it would reject the criminal case, on grounds of insufficient evidence.  As a result, Molnar was released.

The L.A. City Attorney's Office got a restraining order today on the Mayor's behalf, which orders Molnar to stay 100 yards away from the Mayor's home and City Hall.  He's also prohibited from engaging in any communication with the Mayor or his staff.

In his his declaration, the Mayor wrote, "I believe the threats uttered by Daniel John Molnar to be credible, and am concerned for the safety of the employees of my Office, myself and my family when Daniel John Molnar is near."

Walter Moore

He probably meant, "I'll take him out to a Lakers game, with Lu."

MsRita

Hey loser this is America. Stop the bull crap about illegals. Can they vote for you? Your last
election you got about 150,000 votes.
HA HA HA HA HA HA NOBODY LIKES YOU. I’m just saying.

I would love to have a law in CALIFORNIA. No automatic legal citizenship if you give birth in California your childs birth certificate should say Mexico or illegal immigrant anchor baby

I guess your only concern is the Hispanic community.

No comment

Well, let me strectch this... how is this related to celebrity gossip? Well the good Mayor (who cheated on his wife while Mayor) is often seen at celebrity events like the Oscars, Grammy's, Laker Games sitting courtside (where tickets sell for over $3,500.00 per seat & game). The seats to the events are given to the Mayor. That agaist city policy. The Lakers play at Staples Center which is owned by AEG. Micheal Jackson funeral was held at Staples Center. The city was in a uproar of the cost of the Jackson funeral. They wanted AEG or the family to pay the city back, our mayor Tony was out of town. When Tony got back to town he said the City would eat the cost of the funeral letting AEG off the hook. AEG is responsible for picking up costs of some of the Mayor's tickets. (Oh yeah, the mayor pretends he had official business at these events even though it has been proven false).

Pretty LL

OK's: actually, he made Home Depot create areas with roofs and restrooms where the illegals could loiter in comfort while they harass you. What a GREAT American Mayor

jessup

PR stunt.

missy

This guy is a womanizing drunk, who has a mouth on him that would make a sailor blush.

deb

When i think of Villarigosa, i think of multiple accounts of affairs. Thats what he's known for.........amongst other things.

H3R0

Finally some great news coming out. YOu are a joke of a mayor..embarrassing LA residents

Brian

These comments are no exaggeration, the guy really is an awful, awful mayor who hasn't done jack for the city of LA. He doesn't deserve to die because of it, but I wouldn't be opposed to a little tarring and feathering.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

MAYOR - A TOTAL TOOL!

Truth

THE MAYOR IS A CHICKEN SH*T!!! PEOPLE UTTER SH*T ALL THE TIME. GET OVER IT.

CHRIS

THAT MAYOR IS A JERK, I'M SURPRISED MORE PEOPLE DONT THREATEN HIM.

Paula

If only, Let me pat that man on the back!

Amy

stupid L.A. major, belong the street gangs.

stay out of politics

This is celebrity news; really? Well then how about the NC democratic congressman who assaulted the student questioning him?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments